An official memorial service was held at the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral Monday evening in tribute to the victims of last week's horrific train derailment tragedy.
The Spanish royal family and Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy attended to pay their respects to those who died in what is Spain's worst train crash since 1972 when a train collided with a bus, killing 86 and injuring 112.
The driver of a Spanish train that derailed at high speed killing 79 people has been provisionally charged with multiple cases of negligent homicide.
A court statement issued late on Sunday said investigative magistrate Luis Alaez released Francisco Jose Garzon without bail.
The statement says Garzon must appear before court once a week and is forbidden to leave Spain without permission.
Garzon was not sent to jail or required to post bail because none of the parties involved felt there was a risk of him fleeing or attempting to destroy evidence, the statement said. It said the train driver's licence had also been withdrawn.
The driver of the train that crashed in Spain has been released from police custody after being provisionally charged with 79 counts of reckless homicide.
Examining Magistrate Luis Alaez formally charged Garzon with "79 counts of homicide and numerous offences of bodily harm, all of them committed through professional recklessness," the court said in a statement.
The driver of the wrecked train in Spain has been charged with recklessness in relation to the crash in Santiago but freed after being questioned by a judge for two hours, the Spanish media has reported.
Francisco Jose Garzon has had his passport confiscated and is required to appear in court on a weekly basis, El Mundo reported. He also has been reportedly suspended from driving trains.
The newspaper said Garzon earlier read a statement to the court in Santiago.