- 5 updates
The fire service spokesman said that one person had been taken to hospital as a precaution after the gas leak at the supermarket centre in Southampton.
It is understood that a total of 62 people had been seen by paramedics but their ailments are understood to be minor.
Fire services say they have identified the cause of a gas leak that caused a Southampton shopping centre to be evacuated, and that the area is now "safe".
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service told BBC News that refrigerators used in the supermarkets had caused the leak.
Rescue services said they are investigating a suspected "hazardous materials incident" at a shopping centre in Hampshire.
The Hedge End retail centre was evacuated after the alarm was raised at about 5pm today.
A Hampshire shopping centre has been evacuated after a gas leak.
Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer in Tollbar Way, Hedge End had to be evacuated as teams from the hazardous materials unit for the fire service tried to find the leak.
The alarm was raised after some shoppers and staff complained of not feeling well.
A spokesperson from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said they were not able to confirm what type of gas was involved.
They also added that all people were accounted for.
Emergency services have reported "casualties" following a suspected gas leak at a shopping centre in Southampton.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said a number of people were receiving medical treatment after the incident, which prompted the evacuation of Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer stores.