- 16 updates
Firefighters are to hold another strike next Wednesday - and have also been balloted on further industrial action.
The fire brigades union leader Matt Wrack tweeted:
Firefighters in England and Wales have staged another strike in their row over pensions with the Government.
Fire Brigades Union members walked out for two hours at 6am this morning - their third round of action in recent weeks.
Some brigades, including London, hired contractors to provide cover while others relied on part-time and retained staff.
The dispute is over pension age changes which will see fireighters' retirement age increased from 55 to 60.
Firefighters in England and Wales will stage another strike this morning, in their bitter row with the Government over pensions.
Around 30,000 members of the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) across England and Wales will walk out today from 6am to 8am in an ongoing dispute about pensions.
The moves marks their third round of action in recent weeks - the last strike was on Friday from 6.30pm until 11pm.
Firefighters will again mount picket lines outside stations, while brigades will put contingency plans into action.
Fire Minister Brandon Lewis said firefighters should reconsider taking "completely unnecessary" strike action and that the move would be "baffling" to people who knew their pension terms.
The Fire Brigades Union has called on the Government to reopen talks over firefighters' pensions amid the prospect of further industrial action following last night's walkout.
FBU General Secretary Matt Wrack praised its members in England and Wales for their "unity and determination" during a walkout from 6.30pm to 11pm yesterday.
He said: "Firefighters have once again shown their determination to defend their pension rights and to campaign for a pension which reflects the job they do.
"We hope Government will now sit down and negotiate a settlement to this dispute.
"So far ministers have completely ignored the evidence in front of them. We hope this action will finally open their eyes."
A further stoppage is planned from 6am to 8am on Monday.
The President of the Chief Fire Officers' Association told BBC Radio 5 Live that striking firefighters who left last night's blaze at a scrap metal yard in Dagenham had "brought disgrace" on the fire and rescue service.
The London Fire Brigade said it received 124,999 calls during yesterday's strike period.
Contingency crews attended 17 incidents in the capital, including the large fire at a Dagenham scrap metal yard.
A statement said: A recall notice was issued to crews due to the scale and seriousness of the Dagenham fire, which was ongoing as the strike started.
"The FBU immediately advised firefighters that they did not agree that the protocol could be invoked and to ignore it.
"Emergency cover was provided from 13 strategic locations by 27 fire engines and around 200 Emergency Fire Contingency Crew staff."
The Fire Brigades Union (FBU) has confirmed there has been no agreement over the recall of firefighters.
The London region of the Fire Brigades Union, the FBU said their members have not been recalled, and accused the London Fire Brigade of breaching the recall agreement.
Latest ITV News reports
Firefighters across England and Wales staged new strikes tonight, and announced another for the day before Bonfire Night.