- 2 updates
Travellers from long-haul markets such as the USA, Canada, China and Sinapore are increasigly looking to the UK as a possible holiday destination, according to a survey by TripAdvisor.
Internet search traffic for the UK has continued to grow on the site, year-on-year:
- USA is the fastest growing market - with searches up 23%
- Canada was next - with searches up 21%
- UK was next, as the staycation continued - with searches up 20%
- Searches from Singapore rose 19%
- Searches from China rose 19%
Looking at sheer numbers rather than the rise in growth, UK residents made up the majority of searches for UK destinations on TripAdvisor, with the USA second and Germany third.
Royal baby news and the success of TV shows like Downton Abbey are driving increased interest in the UK from American would-be tourists, according to holiday website TripAdvisor.
The USA topped the list of fastest-growing markets, with a 23% year-on-year growth in internet searches for the UK, the company said.