Travellers from long-haul markets such as the USA, Canada, China and Sinapore are increasigly looking to the UK as a possible holiday destination, according to a survey by TripAdvisor.
Internet search traffic for the UK has continued to grow on the site, year-on-year:
- USA is the fastest growing market - with searches up 23%
- Canada was next - with searches up 21%
- UK was next, as the staycation continued - with searches up 20%
- Searches from Singapore rose 19%
- Searches from China rose 19%
Looking at sheer numbers rather than the rise in growth, UK residents made up the majority of searches for UK destinations on TripAdvisor, with the USA second and Germany third.