- 2 updates
According to figures released by the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS):
- Eyelid operations were the second most popular procedures, with 6,921 carried out among women.
- Face and neck lifts were just behind with 6,016 operations.
- Some 3,841 operations were for nose jobs.
- Among men, the most common procedure were nose jobs, with 1037 carried out in the UK in 2013.
- Second was eyelid surgery with 887 operations.
Liposuction, an operation to remove fat, grew in popularity last year with a 43% rise in the number of women going under the knife to remove unwanted weight, figures revealed.
New data from the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS), which represents most plastic surgeons working privately, also showed a 28% jump in the number of men undergoing liposuction.
The overwhelming majority of cosmetic procedures, (91%) were carried out on women.
Breast implants remained the most popular overall among female patients, with a 13% rise in the total number of operations carried out in 2013.
Men were also gong under the knife for breast surgery, however 796 men had their breasts - or "man boobs" removed last year, a 24% rise on 2012.