- 5 updates
Dave Lee Travis has told reporters that the "nightmare is going to go on" after being told he is to face a retrial on charges of indecent and sexual assault.
Reacting to news that he is to face a retrial on sex charges, veteran DJ Dave Lee Travis said: "The nightmare is now going to go on. All I can say is, this whole thing started when I was 67 and I just hope it will end by the time I'm 80."
The radio DJ was told today he is to face a retrial on two charges of indecent and sexual assault after a jury sitting at Southwark Crown Court failed to reach verdicts.
The same jury acquitted Travis of 12 indecent assault charges.
Dave Lee Travis's retrial is expected to last for two weeks, a court was told today.
The former BBC presenter was accused of indecently assaulting 10 women and sexually assaulting another in alleged incidents dating back to 1976 when he was at the height of his fame.
After a jury of eight women and four men deliberated for more than 20 hours, they found him not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges, but were not able to agree on a charge of alleged indecent assault against a woman in the early 1990s along with an alleged sexual assault on a journalist in 2008.
Judge Leonard told Travis: "You are to return to this court on the 28th March. You are re-admitted to bail as before."
Marianne, Travis's wife of more than 40 years, supported him from the public gallery during today's brief hearing. She was in court for the verdicts on February 13 but did not attend the four weeks of evidence.
DJ Dave Lee Travis is to appear at Southwark Crown Court on March 28, after being told he is to face a retrial on charges of indecent and sexual assault.
Prosecutor Miranda Moore QC told the court "The prosecution is seeking a retrial for two outstanding counts."
Wearing a black suit and burgundy shirt and tie, Travis was allowed to remain seated in the dock as the matter was discussed.
DJ Dave Lee Travis will face a retrial on charges of indecent and sexual assault, Southwark Crown Court was told today.
Earlier this month the 68-year-old was found not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges.
The jury at London's Southwark Crown Court failed to reach verdicts on two other charges.