Fifa's ethics committee has said it will complete interviews next week with witnesses over alleged corruption in Qatar's bidding for the 2022 World Cup.
“After months of interviewing witnesses and gathering materials, we intend to complete that phase of our investigation by June 9, 2014, and to submit a report to the Adjudicatory Chamber approximately 6 weeks thereafter," the body said in a statement.
"The report will consider all evidence potentially related to the bidding process, including evidence collected from prior investigations.”
David Cameron has revealed his personal frustration at the bidding process that saw England miss out on hosting the World Cup.
Discussing the allegations concerning Qatar's bid for the 2022 tournament, the Prime Minister said: "There's an inquiry underway, quite rightly, into what happened in terms of the World Cup bid for 2022. I think we should let that inquiry take place rather than prejudge it.
"My memories of that bidding process are...not happy memories in terms of the way the whole thing was arranged and the role of Fifa and the rest of it."
Fifa needs to make a "quick decision" over whether the 2022 World Cup is held in Qatar or given to another bidder after allegations of bribery and corruption emerged, according to the journalist who broke the story.
Deputy Insight Editor at The Sunday Times, Heidi Blake, said Fifa were trying to pin responsibility for the decision on their investigator Michael Garcia, who was "currently in Oman, interviewing the bid committee".
"We think they're needs to be a quicker decision than that. Michael Garcia has already been investigating these allegations for two years and as far as we understand he hasn't found a smoking gun. The evidence is now here and we need a quick decision."
Qatar should be stripped of the World Cup if allegations of bribery and corruption are proven, a member of Fifa's Independent Governance Committee has said.
Lord Goldsmith, a former Attorney General, pointed out that the committee had already produced a report calling for Fifa to come up with a "convincing and transparent answer to these allegations".
He told Radio 4's Today programme that this response could mean taking the tournament away from Qatar: "What I believe that means - I'm not speaking for the committee...- is if these allegations are shown to be true then the hosting decision for Qatar has to be re-run."
Speaking to ITV News, Jim Boyce said: "These allegations are obviously very, very serious. I have not yet had the opportunity to read the whole article. But I would say that anybody that has anything whatsoever should pass it over to Mr Garcia.
"If Mr Garcia comes back to Fifa, which he has to do, when he carries out these investigations with a full report, and makes certain recommendations, if a re-vote is what's necessary, I would have no hesitation whatsover in backing that, provided the allegations are completely true."