A Thai businessman has offered former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi one billion euros ($1.14 billion) for a controlling stake in AC Milan, media reported on Monday.
The offer came from Bee Taechaubol, executive director of Thai Prime Company Limited, a south east Asian private equity group.
Bee is also a co-owner of the Global Legends Series (GLS) Bangkok that features veteran football players taking part in charity matches across the region.
The Bangkok Post reported that Bee wanted at least a 50 percent stake in the seven-times European champions but not complete ownership.
Bee was confident of completing a deal for the 18-times Italian champions within a month, the report added.
The businessman could not immediately be reached for comment.
One of Italian soccer's most prestigious names, Milan have struggled in Serie A since winning the last of their titles in 2011.
January is the month of parting shots and former Liverpool winger Suso has fired one in the direction of his former club today.
The Spanish youngster has celebrated his move to AC Milan by criticising Liverpool for refusing to meet his wage demands, and failing to show trust in his football abilities.
Speaking to Spanish publication Marca, the 21 year-old said:
Hellas Verona have been fined €50,000 and hit with a partial stadium ban by the Italian league as punishment for racist chants directed at AC Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari during Sunday's Serie A match.
The Ghana international was the target of a section of Hellas supporters during the game the Verona outfit hosted and lost 3-1.
Inter Milan, meanwhile, have been fined €30,000 for discriminatory chants aimed at Napoli fans during Sunday's 2-2 draw at the San Siro.
FIFA president Sepp Blatter said AC Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng's decision to walk-off the pitch after having racist chants directed at him was not the right one.
The former Portsmouth and Tottenham player led his teammates off the pitch during a friendly match with Pro Patria and insisted he would walk-off again in a competitive game under similar circumstances.
Quoted in United Arab Emirates newspaper The National, Blatter said: "Walk off? No. I don't think that is the solution. But the Italian federation has yet to provide FIFA with a report detailing what exactly has happened.
"I don't think you can run away, because then the team should have to forfeit the match. This issue is a very touchy subject, but I repeat there is zero tolerance of racism in the stadium, we have to go against that.
"The only solution is to be very harsh with the sanctions (against racism) - and the sanctions must be a deduction of points or something similar."
AC Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng has vowed to walk off the field in a competitive football game if he is subjected to any more racial abuse.
The 25-year-old Ghanaian international made world news after storming off the pitch with his teammates during the Italian club's friendly match yesterday, in protest at repeated racial abuse from the stands.
"I don't care what game it is - a friendly, Italian league or Champions League match - I would walk off again," he told CNN today, while calling for life bans for fans who racially abuse players. "If there is a racism those people should be banned from the stadium forever."
The former Premier League player and his teammates received wide praise in the game for their response to the taunts, though former Milan star Clarence Seedorf warned the action may encourage more dissent from fans.
Times journalist Gabriele Marcotti has tweeted:
Former Arsenal and Manchester City midfielder Patrick Vieira has tweeted:
Reading striker Jason Roberts, who last year decided not to wear a Kick It Out anti-racism t-shirt until more had been done on racism in football, has tweeted:
AC Milan director Umberto Gandini has tweeted:
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany, Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand and Stoke City striker Michael Owen have tweeted after an AC Milan player left the pitch because he was subjected to racist chants: