The body of Adam Lanza, who killed 27 people including 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut, has been collected by his family but not yet buried.
Earlier, Reuters news agency reported that the 20-year-old gunman had been buried in a private service.
The gunman who killed 27 people and himself in Newtown, Connecticut, was buried at a private service over the weekend, a spokesman for his father said.
Peter Lanza claimed the body of his 20-year-old son Adam, the spokesman added.
Connecticut's chief medical examiner released Lanza's body on December 27.
The day after the second-deadliest school shooting in US history, Peter Lanza said in a statement: "Like so many of you, we are saddened, but struggling to make sense of what has transpired."
Update: Reuters have issued a correction on this story. Adam Lanza's body has been collected but not buried.