A video of Donald Trump has been used as part of a recruitment video issued by the terrorist group al-Shabaab, a monitoring group has said.
A clip showing Trump’s public call for a "total and complete shutdown" on Muslims entering the US was included in a propaganda video released by the Islamist extremists in Somalia, according to SITE monitoring.
The 51-minute film shows America as a racist society, and includes documentary footage alongside clips from extremists urging Muslims to turn against the West.
Trump appears in the film alongside footage of the militant leader Anwa al-Awlaki, who was killed in a drone strike in Yemen in 2011, saying Muslims in the US would face a choice between leaving for Islamic countries or staying at home to fight the West.
The film was distributed on Twitter on Friday by the al-Kataib Media Foundation, an Islamist militant organisation, SITE reported.
Trump was widely criticised for his call for bar Muslims following of the San Bernadino mass shooting by alleged extremists Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik.
Exclusive footage obtained by ITV News shows a fierce al-Shabaab militants gun battle in which a British jihadi was killed.Read the full story ›
The mother of a British Muslim who died in Kenya fighting for terror group Al Shabaab has said his body will not be repatriated because he "never wanted to come back".
Thomas Evans, 25, is believed to be among suspected extremists killed in an attack on an army camp in Lamu County, Kenya military officials said. Mrs Evans, 57, said she went "numb" when she saw a picture of his body on Twitter.
She told the Times (£): "Tom never wanted to come back to the UK again. So do I fulfil his wishes? As his mum, I guess that's the last thing I can do for him, because he didn't want to come back. I'd be bringing him back for my selfish purposes.
"I'm relieved that he is no longer in a position where he can hurt people. I thank God he wasn't a suicide bomber, he didn't take a lots of other people with him. I am thankful for that."
The family of British terror suspect Thomas Evans have said they believe he is dead after finding a picture of his body online.
The 25-year-old is believed to have died in Kenya fighting for terror group Al Shabaab.
His family said he turned to extremism after being influenced initially by "people he was mixing with" in the area, before later being targeted online.
His younger brother Michael told the BBC: "The first thing I did, I looked on Twitter, and the first thing I found was a picture of his body. There was no doubt it was him from that picture."
A family in Buckinghamshire, whose son went to fight for Al-Shabaab, are waiting to hear whether he's been killed in an attack on a Kenyan army base.
The British embassy in Nairobi is still to confirm whether the British jihadist who died in Sunday's explosion close to the Somalian border was Thomas Evans.
ITV News Correspondent Juliet Bremner reports from High Wycombe:
Thomas Evans - who is believed to have died fighting for al-Shabaab in Kenya - was a "normal teenage lad", his family said earlier this year.
ITV News UK Editor Rohit Kachroo reports:
Family of Thomas Evans spoke movingly about their "normal teenage lad" at Home Affairs Select Committee earlier this year
A British terror suspect has reportedly been killed while fighting for al-Shabaab in Kenya.
Thomas Evans, in his mid-20s, was said to have been among a number of militants killed during a stand-off with the Kenyan army in Lamu over the weekend.
Evans is believed to have converted to Islam aged 19 before travelling to join the extremist group in 2012.
A Kenyan army official is quoted by Reuters as saying all the evidence did "point at him", but added that forensic tests to confirm identification were ongoing.
A Foreign Office spokesperson told ITV News: "We are aware of reports of the death of a British national in Kenya. We are not able to confirm them at this time."
A drone strike killed a leader of the al-Shabaab militant group in southern Somalia, US authorities have claimed.
Adnan Garaar was killed when the drone hit the vehicle he was travelling in on 12 March near Diinsoor, the Pentagon said in a statement.
Garaar, a top al-Shabaab official, was suspected of masterminding the 2013 attack on the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya, that killed 67.
He posed a major threat to the region and the international community and was connected to the West Gate Mall attack in Nairobi, Kenya. His death has dealt another significant blow to the al Shabaab terrorist organisation in Somalia.