The two-time world boxing champion invited 250 guests to the lavish event, which including a real-life ballerina.Read the full story ›
Amir Khan defiantly insisted he was okay while he was taken to hospital as a precaution after his heavy sixth-round knockout defeat by Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in Las Vegas.
The WBC champion brutally stopped Khan with a huge right hand to make the first successful defence of his title, inflicting the fourth defeat of the 29-year-old's professional career and exposing him as a natural welterweight too small to convincingly compete at the catchweight of 155lbs.
There was little shame in the nature of the defeat for Khan, who impressed with his speed and combinations in the opening five rounds until Alvarez's superior size and strength began to slow him down and leave him vulnerable to the knockout that followed.
Khan said afterwards he expects to return to 147lbs, where he is undefeated and where his domestic rival Kell Brook is the IBF champion, and added on Twitter on his way to hospital: "Im okay everyone. thats boxing for you."
He hit the canvas so heavily it was instantly obvious the fight was over - the official time was two minutes and 37 seconds of the sixth round - and the 25-year-old Alvarez knelt beside him to check he was okay.
"You want to win by knockout, but you don't want to hurt anybody," the Mexican said. "It was a human reaction to make sure he was okay and I'm glad he appears to be."
Boxer Amir Khan sparked laughter in Las Vegas when he aimed a verbal jab at Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.Read the full story ›
Amir Khan has insisted he would not be interested in fighting Floyd Mayweather if the American makes his expected return from retirement, even if he defeats Saul Alvarez to win the WBC middleweight title.
He challenges Mexico's defending champion 'Canelo' Alvarez on Saturday at Las Vegas' new T-Mobile Arena when he is such an underdog that victory would be among the greatest ever by a British fighter.
Mayweather has this week attracted significant attention since hinting at plans for a comeback and speaking of talks with American television networks CBS and Showtime, and if Khan were to hold a middleweight title where the 39 year old is yet to fight, the potential money involved would be likely to get Mayweather's attention.
"He messed me around a lot so I don't think I'd take that fight. He messed me around, so I'd probably treat him the same way," said Khan.
"Floyd's probably missing not having his picture on the MGM. He must see my picture and Canelo's picture and think, 'People have forgotten about me'. As soon as you say you're retired, we do forget about the people who say that.
"Mayweather's feeling that now, he's feeling like no one's talking about him, that he's old news, and maybe that's why he's trying to get everyone supporting him again by saying 'I want to make a comeback'.
"Whatever Mayweather says, let him say it."
Amir Khan has agreed in principle a lucrative welterweight fight with former sparring partner Manny Pacquiao next yearRead the full story ›
Amir Khan has called for his next fight to be against Floyd Mayweather after his unanimous points victory over American Chris Algieri in their welterweight bout in New York.
The Bolton fighter said: "Everyone knows I want Floyd next after all the talk about it".
"I think I've proven myself and who else is out there for Floyd..Nobody?"
"Manny Pacquaio didn't really show what we thought he was going to show..but I think I do know exactly what to do in that fight", he added.
Amir Khan is hopeful of arranging a showdown with Floyd Mayweather in September, aided by the fact Ramadan falls earlier this year.
The Bolton fighter believes an eight-week training programme after Ramadan ends on July 17 will be sufficient to prepare him to face the American.
"I'm not ruling out fighting in September because it's possible that it could happen," Khan said.
"Mayweather only fights in mid-September and Ramadan will be a little earlier this year, which helps. It gives me enough time to get the training done. So it can happen in September."
Amir Khan announced he was ready to take on Floyd Mayweather after watching the American's victory over Manny PacquiaoRead the full story ›
Former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton believes British compatriot Amir Khan could be the man to dethrone Floyd Mayweather as boxing's pound-for-pound king.
Khan has been seeking a showdown with Mayweather for nearly two years, but the American WBC and WBA welterweight champion has spurned the Bolton fighter's advances at every turn.
That does not come as a surprise to Hatton, who believes Khan's blurring punches and rapid movement could be the key to handing Mayweather his first professional defeat.
I think Floyd would run a mile from Amir Khan, not because of a fear factor, but because styles make fights," Hatton said in several national newspapers.
Amir is boxing with a lot more discipline lately, he's in and out and he's not getting involved. I think that type of style will cause Floyd massive problems.
But, when you're the best, pound-for-pound, like Floyd Mayweather - and Amir's as big a name as is out there, he's beaten pretty much everyone - he might be forced to fight Amir Khan.
He might be running out of opponents. I say this all the time, and everybody laughs at me: I think he's got a good chance of beating him.
IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook says he is frustrated that a fight with domestic rival Amir Khan has not been madeRead the full story ›