The mother of murdered schoolgirl April Jones has joined Kate McCann to launch a new missing children's alert scheme.
The family of April Jones bid an emotional farewell to the five-year-old today, almost a year since the first anniversary of her murder.
The parents of murdered April Jones fear that killer Mark Bridger may never reveal where the body of their daughter is.
The parents of murdered schoolgirl April Jones have criticised David Cameron for failing to clamp down on online images of child abuse.
Paul Jones accused the Prime Minister of reneging on a vow to take tough action on blocking internet images of abuse.
Jones told Channel 5 News: "I think he's hoodwinked us a little bit by coming out banging the drums, but hasn't actually put any money in place - he's left it to the internet (companies)."
He added: "When I last met David Cameron I said aim high - but he's fallen well short of the mark."
Last July, Cameron threatened to impose tough new laws on internet giants if they fail to blacklist key search terms for horrific images as part a crackdown on online porn unveiled today.
In November, Google and Microsoft promised to introduce new software that will automatically block 100,000 "unambiguous" search terms which lead to illegal content.
Coral and Paul Jones launched the campaign after Mark Bridger was found guilty of their daughter's abduction and murder last year.
It was originally thought that Mark Bridger's appeal bid would be heard by leading judges at the Court of Appeal in London on January 24.
Bridger, a father of six, snatched April near her home in Machynlleth, Mid Wales, on 1st October 2012. Her body has never been found.
Sentencing Bridger in May, Mr Justice Griffith Williams said: "There is no doubt in my mind that you are a paedophile, who has for some time harboured sexual and morbid fantasies about young girls."
The move by Mark Bridger to abandon his application for appeal against his whole-life sentence was confirmed today by the Judicial Office.
Bridger kidnapped the child before sexually abusing her, murdering her and disposing of her body.
The former slaughterhouse worker was given the whole-life sentence by trial judge Mr Justice Griffith Williams after he was convicted by a jury at Mold Crown Court.
Mark Bridger, who was convicted of the murder of five-year-old April Jones, has abandoned his application for permission to appeal against his whole-life tariff, the Judicial Office confirmed today.
The mother of murdered schoolgirl April Jones has said her family continues to be "tortured" by Mark Bridger.
Bridger, who was convicted for the five-year-old's murder, has launched a legal appeal.
Coral Jones said she continues to be "tortured" by Bridger, jailed for life in May.
She claimed that Bridger had tried to claim compensation following an attack by a fellow inmate while at the top security Wakefield Prison, West Yorkshire, earlier this year.
"It's disgusting. He's in prison where he belongs and he should stay there," Mrs Jones told The Sun.
"He's just torturing my family with these legal battles. It's like he's taunting us, like he wants to show he's got the upper hand."
Murderer Mark Bridger, who was jailed for killing five-year-old April Jones, has launched a legal bid, the girl's parents told The Sun.
Parents Coral and Paul Jones said police warned them of an initial hearing at the Court of Appeal next month, which the couple plan to attend.
It is not known whether the appeal is against his conviction or sentence.
Bridger, a father of six, snatched April near her home in Machynlleth, Wales, on October 1 last year.
The five-year-old's body has never been found.
The search engine block on obscene images of children protects potential victims and does not compromise free speech, David Cameron's child protection adviser has told Daybreak.
Claire Perry was defiant in her support for the block, which will prevent images of child sexual abuse and links to obscene content from being published.
She explained: "I have met the parents of Tia Sharp and April Jones and they were just bewildered that people could put terms into a computer and have images that are illegal in this country returned onto their laptops or their computers, with, in some cases, awful consequences."
Ms Perry admitted there was an "ideological battle" to keep the internet censorship-free, but was adamant a line in the sand had to be drawn when it came to obscene images of children.
Prosecutor Jonathan Sharp said: "The defendant saw him and walked directly up to him with the blade held between thumb and forefinger.
"He then slashed him down the face, causing a deep wound extending from temple to chin.
"He paused for a moment and looked Bridger directly in the eyes, in Bridger's own words 'as if to admire his work or show me who it was'."
The child killer also suffered a cut to his arm as he tried to defend himself.
Bridger needed more than 30 stitches to the face wound, which required surgery under general anaesthetic. He will be scarred for life.
Ferreira and other life prisoners had talked about attacking Bridger to make him reveal the whereabouts of April's body, police were told.
The premeditated attack happened three days after Bridger was allowed to associate with other prisoners.
Ferreira made a weapon out of a prison-issue razor with extra blades attached to the handle.