GPS details show what happened and when to three soldiers who died in 2013 while on a long march as part of the SAS selection process.Read the full story ›
An Army officer told a grieving family it would have been "too much paperwork" to cancel a special forces test march which led to three deaths, a coroner has heard.
The unnamed commanding officer allegedly made the remark to relatives of Lance Corporal Craig Roberts.
ITV News Correspondent Rupert Evelyn is at the inquest in Birmingham.
An inquest into the deaths of three soldiers during a gruelling SAS test in 2013 has heard from their families, as they talk about the men's hopes of joining 'the best of the best.'
Cpl James Dunsby wanted to join "the best of the best" says his wife about his ambition for the SAS.
"This was one of the things he had been training for all of his life" says Edward Maher's father. #SASinquest
An inquest into the deaths of three Army reservists who collapsed during an SAS training exercise in 2013 will ensure the "full facts are brought to light", the coroner said.
ITV News Corespondent Rupert Evelyn is at the inquests:
SAS inquest will look at planning of event, briefings given to staff and soldiers taking part, whether it should have been aborted....
Some witnesses giving evidence here will do so behind a screen and they will be referred to by a number rather than name. #SASinquest
An inquest into the deaths of three Army reservists who collapsed during an SAS training exercise in 2013 is due to begin today.
Lance Corporal Edward Maher, Lance Corporal Craig Roberts and Corporal James Dunsby died after taking part in the military exercise on Pen Y Fan in the Brecon Beacons, in Wales.
- Background: Third SAS training soldier dies
L/Cpl Roberts, 24 and from Penrhyn Bay, Conwy, was pronounced dead on the mountainside, while L/Cpl Maher and Cpl Dunsby, both 31, were taken to hospital.
L/Cpl Maher died three hours later in Merthyr Tydfil's Prince Charles Hospital while Cpl Dunsby, from Bath, Somerset, was transferred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, where he died on July 30.
The hearing was delayed to allow the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to review its decision not to bring criminal charges of gross negligence manslaughter over the deaths.
A number of other soldiers taking part in the exercise on July 13, when temperatures hit 29C (84F), also collapsed and needed medical attention.
Ex Army chief calls on Government to "think the previously unthinkable" and consider sending ground troops to combat Islamic State.Read the full story ›
Defence cuts could put up to 30,000 military jobs at risk during the next parliament with the Army being hardest hit, a thinktank warned.Read the full story ›
Ministry of Defence investigating allegations that members of the British Army shouted sexist abuse watching England Women football team.Read the full story ›
Two teenage girls claim they were threatened with beheading by two men as they left an Army Reserve centre.Read the full story ›
New Army unit which will use psychology and social media to help Britain "fight in the information age" is being set up, the MoD announced.Read the full story ›