Arsene Wenger has said he will decide his future as Arsenal manager in March or April.Read the full story ›
Arsene Wenger refuted Ian Wright's claims about his long-term future at Arsenal after his side claimed a 2-0 victory over Hull at the Emirates Stadium.
Earlier in the week, former Gunners striker Wright claimed that in a conversation with his former boss, Wenger admitted that his time at the club was 'coming to an end' but the Frenchman insisted he had been misinterpreted.
"I don't know what Ian Wright said," Wenger said. "Mark [Gonnella, Communications Director] was with me as well on Thursday. It was questions and answers. I could be tired because I get up early in the morning and I finish late at night, so I am tired, yes. But I didn't give any indication about my future.
"It was a question and answer with members of the Diamond Club. That's in the evening so there were many people there. We had a little dinner before but it was not the two of us. There were four or five."
Arsene Wenger has been given a four-match touchline ban for remonstrating with officials in Arsenal's 2-1 Premier League win over BurnleyRead the full story ›
The Football Association has charged Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger with misconduct in the wake of Sunday's game with Burnley.Read the full story ›
Arsene Wenger acknowledges comebacks and late goals have almost become an Arsenal speciality this season.
The Gunners came from behind and snatched a last-gasp 2-1 victory in their FA Cup third-round tie at Championship side Preston on Saturday.
That came after they beat West Brom with a late winner and claimed a dramatic last-minute draw at Bournemouth over the Christmas period. There were also late shows against Southampton, Burnley, Sunderland and Manchester United earlier in the campaign.
Wenger said: "I think since the start of the season we have had many, many, many comebacks and many goals in the final minutes.
"But I would first like to congratulate Preston for the quality of their game, especially in the first half where we were outpaced and they played with desire, enthusiasm and quality and they gave us many problems - full commitment for 90 minutes.
"It was a great cup tie and we needed to dig deep to win the game."
Arsene Wenger insists the FA Cup is a "big priority" for Arsenal this season as he looks set to name a strong side in the third roundRead the full story ›
Arsene Wenger has responded to reports in Thursday morning's national press that star striker Alexis Sanchez was sat in silence after the draw with Bournemouth, refusing to join in the team's celebrations at coming back to take a point.
Sanchez had hurled his gloves to the floor in frustration at the end of the game at the Vitality Stadium and it was reported that he remained deeply unhappy in the dressing room.
But Wenger had no problem at all with the Chilean's behaviour.
What is surprising? We want to win the games, if you don't you're not happy. That is normal.
Without passion you do not come back when you are at 70 minutes and 3-0 down. It is exceptional and you need a special response.
We are all frustrated. Of course he (Sanchez) is fine.
Arsene Wenger blamed Premier League scheduling for Arsenal's 3-3 draw at Bournemouth - but admitted he must "shut up and cope with it".
Gunners boss Wenger lamented Arsenal facing the Cherries at Dean Court with one day's less rest than Eddie Howe's men, insisting two games in 48 hours accounted for a lacklustre opening 60 minutes.
Bournemouth powered into a 3-0 lead thanks to goals from Charlie Daniels, Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser, only to slip off the pace with captain Simon Francis sent off.
Alexis Sanchez, Lucas Perez and Olivier Giroud snatched a last-gasp draw for the Emirates Stadium men, with Wenger again hitting out at the Premier League scheduling.
We had three or four players we had to play tonight that we had to wait until the warm-up to see if they could play.
Hector Bellerin had a knock so he was uncertain to play, and that's the problem with only 48 hours (between games); you have to play some players again.
Laurent Koscielny too, and we had Gabriel (Paulista) that we didn't start in the end. And then I didn't start Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain because I didn't take a gamble with him, because I didn't know who we'd have to take off.
This complicates the job a lot, but we have to shut up and cope with it.
Arsene Wenger has denied blocking Mathieu Debuchy from moving to Man Utd last year, and says he will put the defender in the January salesRead the full story ›
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is "sceptical" about plans to extend the World Cup to a 48-team tournament.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino is pushing for an expanded competition from the 2026 World Cup onwards, with 32 nations competing at the finals under the current set-up.
Infantino favours a structure which would see 16 groups of three teams, with the top two then advancing into the last 32 knockout system.
A decision on the potential World Cup reforms will be made in January but Wenger has already suggested the changes may not improve the competition and could be made for the wrong reasons.
He said on Thursday:
My thoughts on that are is it guided for popular reasons? Or is that guided to improve the level of football? I'm a bit sceptical. If somebody can convince me that it will make football better and that we can live with the time it will take to complete the World Cup, I am ready to listen.
At the moment, I think I am not convinced. We have moved to 24 teams in Europe (for the European Championships), that's basically 50 per cent of the teams we have in Europe.
I can't see that being a huge improvement on the quality of the game. But 48 teams... we have about 300 teams in the world, the percentage looks that it could be accepted.