Tracey Connelly, who was jailed for causing or allowing the death of her son Peter in May 2009, has been released from prison on licence.
Connelly went free after the Parole Board recommended her release on licence following a second review of her case.
A Ministry of Justice spokeswoman said: "Offenders on licence are subject to a strict set of conditions and controls.
"Examples include curfews, restrictions on their movements and frequent meetings with their offender manager. If an offender breaches their licence conditions, they can be recalled to custody."
Peter Connelly died in August 2007 with more than 50 injuries, after being subject to abuse from Tracey Connelly's boyfriend Steven Barker and his brother Jason Owen.
Tracey Connelly, the mother of Baby P, is understood to have been released from prison on Tuesday - the same day as it was revealed that former child protection boss Sharon Shoesmith will receive a payout of up to £600,000 over her unfair dismissal.
Sharon Shoesmith was fired from her £133,000-a-year job by Haringey Council without compensation in December 2008, after a damning report by Ofsted into the handling of the Baby P case.
However, Ms Shoesmith won a ruling that she was unfairly sacked and a Haringey Council spokeswoman confirmed on Tuesday that a settlement had been reached with Ms Shoesmith, with reports suggesting it was a six-figure sum.
A Ministry of Justice spokesperson has said it "would not confirm or deny" reports today that Baby P's mother Tracey Connelly has been released from prison.
She was jailed in 2009 for her part in her 17-month-old son's death and was granted parole at a hearing earlier this month.
Baby P's mother Tracey Connelly has been released from prison, The Sun reports.
Connelly was jailed in May 2009 for doing nothing while her 17-month-old son Peter was tortured to death by her boyfriend Steven Barker and his brother Jason Owen.
Ed Balls has defended his role in the removal of Sharon Shoesmith after the death of Peter Connolly, insisting he would "do the same thing again".
Mr Balls, who was Children's Secretary at the time, removed Ms Shoesmith from her role after a damning report on the death of Peter Connelly.
Balls, who is now the shadow chancellor, said: "I made the decision to remove the person who had failed, I did so in the best interests of children across the country. Faced with the same situation I would do the same thing again."
The Labour MP earlier said the payout to Sharon Shoesmith left "a bad taste in the mouth".
Eric Pickles said Haringey Council is "bankrolling a state-sponsored cover-up" in its payout to Sharon Shoesmith.
The Communities and Local Government Secretary said there should be no rewards for failure in the public or the private sector.
Former child protection boss Sharon Shoesmith posted a statement online saying she wants to resume work with children, according to BBC Radio 4's World at One.
The statement read: "A final farewell to Haringey as my case concludes. I wish those of you in children's services, especially in Haringey, success, strength and courage in all that you do.
"Children have been my life's work and I hope to continue in some capacity soon now that my PhD is almost complete."
Downing Street has said that the Department for Education's contribution to Sharon Shoesmith's payout will be made public.