Seven Japanese are among the dead in the Bangladesh cafe siege.
Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary YoshihideSuga confirmed that five men and two women had been killed.
Nine Italians were among 20 foreign nationals killed in Friday's attack by suspected Islamist militants at a cafe in Bangladesh, Italy's foreign minister has said.
Security forces stormed the restaurant in Dhaka and ended a 12-hour standoff on Saturday, killing six gunmen.
"We have identified nine (Italians) killed, there is another person who is missing and could be hiding himself or could be among wounded people ... we are looking for him," Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni told reporters.
Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has condemned the attack on a Dhaka cafe as he confirmed that Italians had been killed.
Renzi said he would not disclose any more details until families of the dead are notified.
All 20 hostages killed in Dhaka cafe siege were foreign, the Bangladesh army has said.
Condemning the deadly attack by suspected Islamist militants, Bangladesh's Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said:
It was an extremely heinous act.
Anyone who believes in religion cannot do such act.
They do not have any religion, their only religion is terrorism.
Twenty people have been killed in attack on Dhaka cafe, a Bangladeshi army official has said.
Six attackers were also killed.
At least 13 people have been rescued following the raid, according to a Bangladeshi official.Read the full story ›
Seven Italian nationals are thought to be among the hostages held by gunmen in a popular restaurant in the diplomatic quarter of Dhaka, the Bangladeshi capital, according to Italian media.
State TV RAI quoted Mario Palma, the Italian ambassador in Dhaka, as saying the seven Italians were businessmen.
One Italian hostage had escaped, an Italian foreign ministry source said.
Italian media said the escaped man told police there were seven Italians still inside the restaurant.
Twenty hostages have been killed in an attack on a cafe in the Bangladeshi capital. So-called Islamic State have claimed responsibility.Read the full story ›
The UK's Foreign Office has said it is "urgently" trying to find out more about a siege at a restaurant in Bangladesh's capital city Dhaka.
It comes after up to nine gunmen armed with assault rifles and grenades stormed the Holey Artisan Bakery in the city's diplomatic quarter, killing two officers in a shoot-out with police at around 9pm local time (2pm BST).
Police said around 15 others were injured and a number of people are believed to have been taken hostage.
In a statement, a spokesman said: "We are urgently seeking more information from Bangladeshi authorities following a shooting in Dhaka and are monitoring the situation closely."