Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has shrugged off being jeered by some fans during Spain's 2-1 friendly win over Costa Rica.
Pique incurred the wrath of what were thought to be Real Madrid supporters during Thursday's friendly in Leon following a comment he made at his club's end-of-season celebrations at the Nou Camp last weekend.
Pique helped his team capture the treble and then rubbed salt into the wounds for Real fans when he said of Colombian singer Kevin Roldan, who performed at Cristiano Ronaldo's 30th birthday, "It all started with you".
People can express themselves freely and express what they feel.
At times you are jeered, others you are applauded. I didn't really think too much about the whistles.
I just have to face them and honestly, they don't affect me.
I have just won a treble with Barca and I'm very happy.
In the national team I feel right at home and I will always be here when called upon.
West Ham say they are still hopeful of completing a permanent deal for loanee Alex Song.
The Cameroonian midfielder spent last season at Upton Park on loan from Barcelona.
Co-chairman David Sullivan has stated the club will do everything it can to keep Song in East London for the long term.
"I can assure you we have not given up on Alex Song yet. Before Christmas Alex was outstanding and if we believe we can get him back to that sort of form and maybe with a new manager we can, we would very much like Alex to come," Sullivan said.
"We are very thin on the ground with midfielders. You do get injuries and you need back-up. We have got Europe and other games that we want to win.
"There was not enough competition for places last season and this year we don't want the same again. If the players have a bad game they will have to fight for their position back."
Barcelona superstar Leo Messi will face trial in Spain over €4.1million of alleged unpaid taxes, a Spanish court have confirmed.
The Argentine and his father Jorge are accused of three charges of fraud from 2007, 2008 and 2009.
During these years it is alleged that Messi did not pay the correct amount of tax relating to image rights sold to third parties.
Luis Enrique has extended his contract at Barcelona for another year after guiding the club to an historic treble.
Reports of in-fighting and a frosty relationship with Lionel Messi earlier in the campaign had led to rumours that Enrique would leave this summer.
Instead, he had decided to remain at the club until June 2017.
Dani Alves will stay at Barcelona after signing a new two-year deal with the European champions.
The Brazilian had looked set to leave the Nou Camp at the end of the month when his contract expired, but will stay in Catalonia until 2017 now.
There is also a clause in place to extend the contract for a third year.
Goals from Ivan Rakitic, Luis Suarez and Neymar were enough for Barcelona to complete a historic treble for the club.Read the full story ›
Lionel Messi's Barcelona are firm favourites to be crowned European champions for the fourth time in ten yearsRead the full story ›
Barcelona winger Pedro has agreed a three-year contract extension with the Primera Division champions.
The Spain international, who had been linked with Liverpool and Man United, extended his Barca stay until June 30, 2019, with a buy-out clause of 150million euros.
Barca say the 27-year-old will sign his new contract in the coming days.
A youth product of Barca, Pedro broke into the first team in 2008 under then coach Pep Guardiola and was a member of the squad that famously won all six trophies available to the club in 2009.
The Tenerife-born forward has scored 11 goals in 48 appearances for Barca in all competitions this season.
Barca have won the Primera Division title and the Copa del Rey trophy and have the chance to clinch the treble this weekend when they face Juventus in the Champions League final on Saturday in Berlin.
A Barca statement read: "FC Barcelona announces that an agreement has been reached with Pedro Rodriguez to renew his contract until June 30, 2019.
"His current deal expires on June 30, 2016. His buy-out clause remains at 150 million euros."
Barcelona defender Jordi Alba has agreed a contract extension with the Catalan club.
The Spain international's new deal ties him to Barca until June 30, 2020 and includes a new buy-out clause of 150million euros. Barca say Alba will sign his new contract in the coming days.
Lionel Messi is at the peak of his game but the Barcelona superstar knows the time will come when he may move into midfieldRead the full story ›