Bath centre Ben Williams has been forced to retire from rugby due to a shoulder injury.
The 26-year-old former England U16 and U18 cap made 37 appearances for Bath, scoring five tries, but did not feature in the 2014-15 campaign after suffering a shoulder injury in a pre-season match against Scarlets which required surgery.
"I've done everything in my power to get back to full fitness, but there comes a point when you realise you need to do what's best for your well-being," Williams told the official Bath website.
Bath head coach Mike Ford said: "It's a real shame to see such a talented player having to retire from the game so young.
"Every time he took to the field we saw what he was capable of, so it's a pity that injury has curtailed such a promising career."
A man has been charged with the murder of a teenager who was stabbed to death more than 30 years ago.
Melanie Road, 17, was sexually assaulted and stabbed multiple times in Bath in June 1984.
Police said 63-year-old Christopher John Hampton from Bristol, who will appear in court on Monday, has now been charged with killing her.
Pioneering new biochip technology has been developed which scientists claim could help fight a range of deadly diseases including cancer.Read the full story ›
Two men aged 19 and 28 have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence following the tipper truck crash in Bath last week which killed four people, Avon and Somerset Police said.
Three men from Wales were killed in the crash, along with a four year old girl from the local area.
Sam Burgess is ready to show what he can do in rugby union following his code switch, after defending his decision to leave leagueRead the full story ›
Workers from The Canal and River Trust are supervising the slow process of attaching a 30 metre winch to the narrow boat which became stuck in a lock on a canal near Bath.
The boat capsized over the weekend after being hired by a stag party.
A three-year-old boy died after a new NHS computer system failed to schedule him for a "vital" scan, a coroner has ruled.
Samuel Starr suffered with a congenital heart defect and was due for a scan nine months before an operation, but due to a new computer system at Royal United Hospital in Bath, it was twenty months before he was.
Samuel's parents are now considering legal action following the three-day inquest into his death. ITV News' Medical Editor Lawrence McGinty reports.
A Coroner has recorded a narrative verdict into the death of toddler Samuel Starr, after a computer failure led to the boy's death.
Concluding a three-day inquest at Flax Bourton Coroner's Court in North Somerset,Avon Coroner Maria Voisin said: "Samuel Starr was born with a complex cardiac disease.
"He required surgery and regular check-ups at outpatients to manage his conditions.
"Due to the failure of the hospital outpatients booking system, there was a five month delay in Samuel being seen and receiving treatment.
"Samuel's heart was disadvantaged and he died following urgent surgery."
A three-year-old heart patient died after a new NHS computer system "failed" to schedule him for a vital hospital scan - leading to a delay in his treatment, a coroner has ruled.
Samuel Starr, who was born with a congenital cardiac defect, underwent surgery not long after his birth in 2010 and made a good recovery.
However, medics said he would still need regular tests to check on his progress at Bath's Royal United Hospital.
But a delay came after a new computer system, called Cerner Millennium, was rolled out and Samuel did not have a crucial scan for 20 months after his first major operation.
When he finally had the appointment, doctors found Samuel needed open heart surgery. During the procedure, Samuel suffered a stroke.
Further complications followed and he died in the arms of his devastated parents, Catherine Holley and Paul Starr, a month later.
Avon Coroner Maria Voisin today, recording a narrative conclusion, ruled the booking system meant Samuel was not seen and did not receive treatment.
Liberal Democrat MP Don Foster will stand down at the next General Election, The Bath Chronicle reported.
The MP for Bath said he had taken the "very difficult decision" to step aside "after what will have been 23 wonderful years".
He wrote on Twitter after the announcement was leaked:
Been a pleasure to represent the people of Bath for over 20 years. Important to focus on the next 17 months now