The star is a "professional" presenter in a "tight-knit" team, the corporation said, as it hit back at rumours of discord on the show.Read the full story ›
DJ Tony Blackburn has thanked fans for their support after he was sacked from the BBC earlier this week.
Introducing his Retro Countdown show on Kent-based KMFM on Sunday afternoon, the 73-year-old said: "Thank-you very much for all your support this week."
The veteran DJ left the BBC shortly before the publication of the Dame Janet Smith inquiry into sexual abuse at the corporation on Thursday.
On today's show, Mr Blackburn added: "Thank you as well to KMFM. I hope you enjoy the show."
His brief message came as he claimed he was given the opportunity to resign from the BBC and engineer a return in a "few months".
He says his evidence to the inquiry was criticised by BBC director-general Tony Hall and claims he has been made a scapegoat by the corporation.
A former Jim'll Fix It producer said he thought Savile's presence was "unnerving" to children.Read the full story ›
Veteran DJ Tony Blackburn has revealed he was "given the chance to resign" by BBC bosses before the corporation sacked him.Read the full story ›
The veteran DJ, who was sacked by the BBC this week, said it was another attempt by the corporation to "tarnish his good name".Read the full story ›
A TV producer who worked with Jimmy Savile has said he is sorry he did not report the paedophile.
Canon Colin Semper, who helped produce Speakeasy, a teenage radio show on the BBC in the 1960s and 1970s, said he should have taken "greater care".
He told Sky News: "I didn't tell anybody of, what you might call, authority.
"I'm very, very sorry that I was so obsessed with my programme and with getting it - as best I could - on to the air waves. I should have had greater care.
"I am sorry if I had any responsibility for what has happened over the subsequent time."
A report into Savile by Dame Janet Smith found the canon "ought to have discussed his concerns with a manager".
It added: "I accept that Canon Semper did not 'know' that Savile had sex with underage girls in the sense of ever seeing it happen.
"But he clearly did 'think' that Savile had casual sex with a lot of girls, some of whom might have been underage."
Katrina Rose was just 14 when she was abused by Jimmy Savile but told ITV News she fears a similar scandal could happen again now.Read the full story ›
Tony Blackburn said the BBC has "hung me out to dry" after he was "sacked" by the corporation over his evidence to a sex abuse review into Jimmy Savile.
He said: "My lawyers are now considering all statements made by the BBC about me today and we will be taking action."
Jimmy Savile's abuse could have been stopped if people had listened to "the small voice standing up against authority", Lord Hall has said.Read the full story ›
Jimmy Savile was a "very peculiar man" but a lack of evidence at the time meant allegations of sexual abuse remained only rumours, Dame Esther Rantzen has said.
The veteran BBC presenter said that she had heard a rumour from a journalist about Savile early on in her career at the BBC but "as Dame Janet said, there is a real difference between rumour and gossip [compared to] evidence".
Rantzen, who helped found Childline in 1986, was referring to Dame Janet Smith who today published a report on the BBC's handling of complaints about Savile.
"Throughout my career at the BBC I never heard anyone disclosing that Jimmy had abused them," she said.
But she said: "He was a very, very peculiar man. He wore a mask all the time ... and now we know what he was hiding."