About 10,000 workers and residents are being moved out.Read the full story ›
One of the six detained in connection with the attack reportedly knew the killer responsible for the Berlin Christmas market massacre.Read the full story ›
What happened after the demolition? Watch Trevor McDonald's report on the part music and money played on an historic Sunday in Berlin.Read the full story ›
Some 1,000 counter-protesters blocked 500 neo-Nazi demonstrators as they tried to march to the site of the death of Hitler ally Rudolf Hess.Read the full story ›
Police in Germany said thieves broke into Berlin's Bode Museum early on Monday morning and stole the 100kg "Big Maple Leaf" coin.Read the full story ›
The Tunisian man suspected of carrying out the Berlin Christmas market truck attack moved around like a "lone wolf" while travelling through Italy, the country's interior minister said.
Marco Minniti's comments backed Italian investigators' findings which have indicated that 24-year-old Anis Amri lacked significant contacts in Italy, as he fled Germany after the December 19 attack which left 12 dead.
Mr Minniti said, "from when he arrived in Italy, Amri moved like a lone wolf" while he was fleeing from authorities.
Amri died in a shoot-out with Italian police in Milan on December 23.
The funeral for the lorry driver killed in the Berlin Christmas market attack has taken place in his home country of Poland.Read the full story ›
A Tunisian man who was detained in connection with the Berlin truck attack has been released by German police.
The 40-year-old man was released after police determined he wasn't in contact with Anis Amri regarding the attack on a Christmas market in Berlin on 19 December.
Police detained the man on Wednesday in connection with a telephone number saved in Amri's mobile phone.
Amri was being investigated for benefit fraud after claiming, officials have now revealed.
He was suspected of simultaneously claiming benefits in two towns in Germany under different identities.
The investigation was opened in April, but closed in November as Amri's whereabouts were unknown.
A Tunisian man who may have been involved in last week's attack on a Berlin Christmas market has been detained by German police.
The suspected attacker, Anis Amri, a rejected asylum seeker from Tunisia, had the mobile phone number of the 40-year old Tunisian, whom they did not name, stored in his telephone, prosecutors said.
Police raided his home and business premises.
"Further investigations indicated that he could have been involved in the attack," said prosecutors, adding that he was arrested.
"To what extent suspicions against the arrested person will be hardened up remains to be seen after further investigation," said the prosecutors, adding they would decide by the end of Thursday whether to issue an arrest warrant for him.
The Tunisian national suspected of carrying out the truck attack that killed 12 people in a Berlin Christmas market appears to have passed through Lyon in France as he fled to Italy, a French judicial source has said.
Video surveillance footage showed Anis Amri at the Lyon-Part-Dieu train station on Thursday, where officials believe he bought a ticket for Chambery, between Lyon and the Italian border.
Amri was shot dead near Milan in Italy in the early hours of Friday after he pulled a gun on police who had asked for his identification papers.
French officials are investigating how the suspect arrived in Lyon after the December 19 attack in Berlin, which has been claimed by the so-called Islamic State.