Live updates

Advertisement

Bournemouth complete deal for Chelsea stopper Begovic

Asmir Begovic has joined Bournemouth. Credit: PA

Bournemouth have agreed the signing of goalkeeper Asmir Begovic from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old Bosnia and Herzegovina international will officially arrive at the Vitality Stadium on July 1.

The Cherries say Begovic, who spent two seasons with Chelsea making 33 appearances, has agreed a "long-term deal" on the south coast.

Line-ups confirmed: Leicester v Bournemouth

Advertisement

Arsenal star Wilshere won't return to Bournemouth

Wilshere will return to Arsenal. Credit: PA

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe accepts it will be "very difficult" for the club to bring Jack Wilshere back to the Vitality Stadium next season.

The England international has seen his season-long loan spell on the south coast cut short after suffering a fractured leg during last month's away defeat at Tottenham.

Howe does not believe Wilshere, who has faced a series of injury setbacks during his career, will be turning out in a Cherries shirt again any time soon.

"Jack did part of his rehab here, he has now gone back to Arsenal, but it was great to see him for the week he was with us," Howe said.

"It was really nice to be able to speak to him and also for him to see all the players again because after the Tottenham game he suffered the injury and the players had not seen him (since).

"It was really nice to be able to be able to spend time with him, to talk to him and wish him well for the future."

Asked if there would be any chance to bring Wilshere back at Bournemouth next season, Howe replied: "No, I think that is going to be very difficult for us.

"When we signed him on loan, and I have said this many times, the plan was for him to stay for a season and then to go back to Arsenal to evaluate his future."

Sunderland and Bournemouth charged by FA

Sunderland and Bournemouth players clashed in the 76th minute following Fabio Borini's challenge on Lewis Cook. Credit: PA

Sunderland and Bournemouth have been charged by the Football Association with failing to control their players during Saturday's Premier League clash at the Stadium of Light.

The allegation surrounds an incident which happened 76 minutes into the Cherries' 1-0 win on Wearside following Fabio Borini's challenge on Lewis Cook.

Both Sunderland and Bournemouth have been charged following their game on Saturday.

It is alleged that in or around the 76th minute of the fixture, the clubs failed to ensure that their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion. They have until 6pm on 5 May 2017 to respond to the charge.

– FA statement
Load more updates