Striker Bobby Zamora has joined Brighton for a second time - 15 years after beginning his first spell with Albion.
The 34-year-old former England international was a free agent after leaving QPR and has signed a one-year deal, Brighton announced on Monday evening.
Young players on the books of Brighton and Hove Albion will be given sexual consent training.
All young male and female footballers at the Championship club will receive guidance on the law as part of the Protect, Inform and Prevent programme, the BBC said.
A former police officer and psychotherapist will give the training, which will provide a confidential environment to discuss previous encounters and explain when consent can legally be given.
Former Sheffield United striker Ched Evans was convicted of rape in 2012, an incident over which he protests his innocence. Evans tried but failed to return to football in the winter transfer window after serving half his sentence, but was unable to tie down a deal with Oldham due to the circumstances surrounding his conviction.
In 2013, four Brighton players were found not guilty of sexual assault and voyeurism after a 19-year-old woman claimed to have been assaulted at a hotel two years previously.
Brighton have been hit with a £90,000 fine by the Football Association and warned over their future conduct for admitting breaches of the governing body's agent regulations.
The charges relate to the Seagulls' acquisition of midfielder Dale Stephens from fellow Championship side Charlton at the end of January 2014.
Three authorised agents have also been sanctioned and warned to their future conduct for their roles in the same case.
In explaining the decisions, the regulatory commission decreed Brighton had "in the events which have happened, benefited from the non-payment of most of the commission".
It was revealed the south-coast club were charged under rule C.2, which states that a club "must not so arrange matters as to conceal or misrepresent the reality and/or substance of any matters in relation to a transaction or contract negotiations"
Brighton and Hove Albion say an incident in which excrement was found in the away dressing room may have been an accident rather than a "deliberate act of vandalism".
Earlier this month, Brighton had to formally apologise to Crystal Palace after excrement was found on the floor of the away dressing room ahead of the second leg of the play off final - which Palace went on to win 2-0.
Chief executive Paul Barber announced that they had found "no evidence" to link the dressing room incident to a member of staff but admitted they did not know who was responsible.
“There is no evidence that a member of the club's staff was responsible. Equally, we cannot be sure who was.
"Unfortunately, we are very unlikely to know exactly what happened, but access and security to the tunnel area have been reviewed and some changes will be implemented next season. It is now time to move on," he said in a statement on the club website.
The case against four footballers accused of sexual assault and voyeurism opened at the Old Bailey today.
Brighton and Hove Albion players Anton Rodgers, Lewis Dunk and George Barker, and former team-mate Steve Cook, who now plays for Bournemouth, deny sexual assault.
Follow the story on the ITV Meridian website.
Footballer Kazenga Lua Lua admitted in a police interview that he was outside a nightclub when he walked between Michael Ball and a friend, a court heard.
Prosecutor James Adkin told the jury: "Lua Lua was told he really should say 'excuse me'.
"He said he was not going to apologise and admitted being deliberately provocative and doing it again."
The footballer, 21, from Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex, claimed he was pushed and so slapped the man back. He then moved from the violence that followed.
The trial continues.
A confrontation between footballer Kazenga Lua Lua and Michael Ball was the spark that caused a "significant upsurge in violence," a court heard.
James Adkin, prosecuting, said: "A man called Jordan Bogie, who tried to help Mr Ball, was punched to the floor and was repeatedly kicked while he was unable to defend himself." Mr Adkin said an aggressive group of black men had "surged over to the white males" and punched and kicked them.
He added: "Mr Bogie was saved by a Royal Marine who was out separately that night, and who later told the police he believed the black men were the aggressors."
Mr Bogie was knocked unconscious for eight minutes after the five-on-one attack, the court heard. Another man was knocked over after trying to help Mr Ball and curled into a ball to protect himself from kicks, the jury heard. The trial continues.
The "arrogance" of a former Newcastle United football player who now plays for Brighton and Hove Albion sparked a mass brawl outside a nightclub, a court heard.
Kazenga Lua Lua, a former Premier League player, who now plies his trade in the Championship, his friend Andy Mogwo and co-accused Kevin Ashong - who claimed to have heard a racial insult - denied the affray at Newcastle Crown Court.
The court heard about the serious disorder outside the Riverside club on the city's quayside in the early hours of 26 June last year.
Lua Lua started the violence after he argued with a man called Michael Ball outside the club, and punched him in the face, the jury heard.
The trial continues.