The owners of a cat who jumped to their son's rescue as he was attacked by a dog say they are relieved the four-year-old is on the mend.Read the full story ›
A cat spent five days trapped in a sofa donated to a charity shop before being found by the couple who bought it.Read the full story ›
A cat has been reunited with its owner after going missing for eight years.
Jesse was 18 months old when he bolted out of his cat box on the way to the vets near Mow Cop on the Staffordshire-Cheshire border in 2006.
Owner Leslie Corbett put up missing cat posters and searched the area for days but eventually gave up hope of a return.
But last month the vet telephoned Mrs Corbett to say that Jesse, who had been microchipped, was found "hanging around" nearby.
"We have absolutely no idea where he's been," she told the BBC. "All we know is he's happy and healthy."
A four-year-old cat called Moo Moo has miraculously survived after a crossbow bolt was fired through its head. The cat, called Moo Moo, was described as “extraordinarily lucky” by a veterinary surgeon.
The bolt went in above its left eye and out behind the ear but did not touch its brain.
Owner Donna Ferrari says she was shocked when she saw Moo Moo at about 4.30pm on Monday afternoon with what looked like an arrow through his head.
He hid in bushes and would not come out.
The pet was then taken Massey University Veterinary Teaching Hospital in New Zealand for surgery.
A man who left a cat needing surgery to remove its eye after shooting it with a catapult has been jailed.Read the full story ›
Here's the extraordinary story of Coco the cat, and her arthritic joints. Coco's nearly 16 years old, which in human years, makes her in her nineties .
She has arthritis, and she's also been hit by a car, but thanks to an animal hydrotherapy pool, Coco now has a spring in her step.
This is one fearless feline, and she's taken to the pool like a duck to water. Jane Hesketh reports.
Polly the inter-city kitty is on her final journey home after travelling 1700 miles around the South West, trapped under the carriage of a train. After two weeks at the vets, she is ready to be reunited with her owners at Plymouth Railway Station.
Kate Beech, a nurse at Rosvean Vets in Penzance, is travelling with the cat and says: 'she has made an excellent recovery. She's put on a kilo in a week and had all her stitches out. She's coping extremely well without her front leg'.
Patrick Johnson the father of the cattery owner spoke outside the devastated site this afternoon saying "on behalf of my daughter I'd like to say how sorry we are, we all love our animals".
He went on to describe the moment they woke to find the cattery, which was housing around 20 cats, on fire.
There were over 20 cats inside the Staffordshire cattery when it caught fire, 4 of which belonged to the cattery owners.
Patrick Johnson the father of the cattery owner said they are all "devastated" he added "on behalf of my daughter who runs the cattery we would like to say how sorry we are, we all love our animals."
The fire broke out at around 5.30am this morning at Pine Trees Cattery in Pottal Pool.
It is believed some of the cats managed to escape the wooden building and are now in the Cannock Chase area. Firefighters believe an electrical fault inside the cattery is to blame for the fire.
The owners of the cattery are now working to determine the number of cats that were killed in the fire.
Firefighters arrived and found the building well alight. The cattery owners stated that there had been over 20 cats in the cattery, however some are believed to have escaped from the building after the fire broke out.
The building has been destroyed as it was predominately a wooden structure and we've been unable to confirm so far how many cats have died in the fire.
A fire investigation was carried out to establish how the fire started and we believe an electrical fault within one of the pens is to blame.