Charlie Sheen has been made the subject of a criminal investigation by the Los Angeles police "threat management" squad, an LA police spokesman has said.
Officer Mike Lopez said a complaint had been lodged on March 31 against the actor, best known for his role in hit comedy 'Two and a Half Men', but declined to provide further details.
The investigation marks the latest upset for the hard-living 50-year-old who, last year acknowledged he had been diagnosed as HIV-positive four years earlier and was being extorted for more than $10 million to keep the diagnosis quiet.
A lawyer for Sheen could not immediately be reached for comment.
An ex-fiancee of Charlie Sheen is suing the actor, claiming he did not reveal he was HIV positive until after they had sex several times.Read the full story ›
The actor made the admission on NBC's Today show after weeks of speculation a Hollywood star had been secretly living with the illness.Read the full story ›
The actor is to appear on US television, with details of what the announcement is not made clear.Read the full story ›
Hollywood hellraiser Charlie Sheen has finally graduated from his California high school, 30 years after being expelled for poor grades and even worse attendance.
The actor recounted his regretful mis-education on NBC's The Tonight Show before being surprised by host Jay Leno, who wheeled out a school friend to present him with the diploma.
Sheen had been due to receive the document in June but fatal shootings at Santa Monica College saw the ceremony cancelled.
Instead, he donned a mortar board and gown on the chat show to receive the diploma for Santa Monica high school's class of 1983 and later posed with it backstage.
Hollywood actor Charlie Sheen has released an online video urging a former US police officer - who is accused of killing three people - to call him.
Christopher Dorner, 33, who is a former LA Police Department officer, is suspected of carrying out the attacks as reprisal for his 2008 dismissal from the force.
Dorner posted an online manifesto this week that described Sheen as "awesome."
In a video posted on celebrity website TMZ, Sheen said: "You mentioned me in your manifesto, so thank you for your kind words. I am urging you to call me. Let's figure out together how to end this thing."
The party-loving actor Charlie Sheen has reportedly opened his own bar in a resort in Mexico.Read the full story ›
After Two and a Half Men's teenager star slammed the show for being "filth" and urged viewers not to watch it, his former co-star Charlie Sheen has called it "cursed".
Sheen, whose own notorious public meltdown led to him being sacked from the hit US comedy show, told People magazine, "With Angus' Hale-Bopp-like meltdown, it is radically clear to me that the show is cursed".
Sheen, who played "Charlie", was fired in March 2011 and replaced with Ashton Kutcher after the programme's creator Chuck Lorre killed off Sheen's character.