In the position paper the Government sets out plans to ensure that cross-border legal disputes are dealt with in a "fair way" post-Brexit.Read the full story ›
Ricardo Medina was sentenced on Thursday after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter.Read the full story ›
Toddler Harry Studley was left blind in one eye after Jordan Walters, 25, shot him in the head with an air rifle last year.Read the full story ›
Tini Owens was originally refused her divorce petition because her complaints were "of the kind to be expected in marriage".Read the full story ›
Alexander Mitchell has been jailed for six years after committing the offence while on bail accused of having sex with two 13-year-olds.Read the full story ›
From December 1, people from 70 to 75 will be able to be called for jury service, in a move to make juries better reflect society.Read the full story ›
New report from the Public Accounts Committee says courts are beset by 'long-standing poor performance', causing delays for victims.Read the full story ›
Witnesses and alleged victims of crime should be warned before they are questioned about their sexual history or previous bad character in court, the country's top prosecutor has proposed.
Alison Saunders, the Director of Public Prosecutions, has put out proposed guidance for prosecutors on the approach to witnesses or alleged victims giving evidence during the trial process at court to prevent them from being "ambushed".
The updated guidelines follow a number of high-profile cases in which witnesses or alleged victims have suffered during or after the trial process.
Celebrity cook Nigella Lawson, for example, described her experience as a witness in the trial of her ex-husband Charles Saatchi's personal assistants as "mortifying".
A judge has given specialists the go-ahead to carry out exploratory surgery on a teenager who refuses to eat or drink and has lost a "worrying" amount of weight.
Mrs Justice Pauffley ruled that the 16-year-old boy, who has learning difficulties, did not have the mental capacity to make decisions about his medical treatment.
She gave surgeons, who fear he could die, permission to investigate in the ruling at the Court of Protection in London.
The judge said the boy and the hospital where he was being cared for could not be identified.
An African warlord who is serving 50 years in a prison in county Durham is reportedly suing the UK Government for denying him the right to a family life.
Charles Taylor, the former Liberian president who is alleged to have eaten the hearts of his enemies, says he is being kept from his wife and 15 children.
The 66-year-old was was convicted in 2012 of 11 counts of war crimes and crimes against humanity, including terrorism, murder, rape and using child soldiers during a civil war in Sierra Leone in the 1990s that left tens of thousands dead.
He has reportedly lodged legal papers with the United Nations' Special Court for Sierra Leone, claiming that his detention in the UK breaches his human rights.
Conservative MP Dominic Raab said: "If he's successful, it would turn British human rights laws into a laughing stock around the world."