Middlesex will no longer call themselves the Panthers in one-day cricket the club have announced.
They will be referred to as Middlesex CCC, their traditional name, in all three formats of the game.
Chief executive, Vinny Codrington explained: "When we launched our one-day Panthers brand back in 2009, there was a strong desire for each of the counties to have a vibrant and dynamic one-day name and image, resulting in names such as the 'Dragons', 'Sabres', 'Gladiators' and 'Lions' to name but a few, and we ourselves subsequently became the Middlesex 'Panthers'.
"A lot has changed in Middlesex cricket over the last five years and.... we therefore felt that one clear, consistent and immediately recognisable brand would offer greater clarity and assist us in terms of our awareness and recognition within and around the county and further afield as this work continues at pace.
"We are looking forward to being known now simply as 'Middlesex CCC', which to anyone in the game of cricket is a name that immediately invokes feelings of heritage, success and respect - values which we, as a club, pride ourselves on."
Former England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff is continuing his cricket comeback by signing on to play for Brisbane Heat in the upcoming KFC T20 Big Bash League.
Flintoff, 36, came out of retirement to make a return to action this summer with a handful of appearances in the shortest format for Lancashire, coming close to helping them snatch victory over Birmingham Bears in the T20 finals.
He will now continue his playing return in Australia, heading out in December to link up with former Lancashire team-mate Stuart Law who is the Brisbane coach, as well as fellow international signings Daniel Vettori of New Zealand and West Indian leg-spinner Samuel Badree.
"I really enjoyed my T20 season with Lancs and having the opportunity to keep playing is something I am very pleased about. It's going to be great heading out to Brisbane and getting into the swing of things for the BBL in December,'' Flintoff said.
India's Board of Control for Cricket will begin legal proceedings against the West Indies following the cancellation of the latter's tourRead the full story ›
The West Indies have cancelled the remainder of their tour of India due to an ongoing dispute over player payments.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has announced the news while the fourth of a scheduled five one-day internationals was ongoing in Dharamsala.
The fifth, in Kolkata on Monday, and the Twenty20 international and three Tests following have all been cancelled.
A BCCI statement read: "The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has informed the BCCI of its decision to cancel the rest of its ongoing tour to India because of a dispute with its players, and has advised the BCCI that its players will return home immediately."
Trouble had seemed imminent at the televised pre-match coin toss when Windies captain Dwayne Bravo, with his full team standing in the background, told broadcaster Ian Bishop: "Time to make a decision."
The team have been in dispute with the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) over sponsorship payments that would be reallocated to fund the wider professional game in the islands.
Former England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff will continue his cricket revival after agreeing to play for Brisbane Heat in Australia's Big Bash T20 competition.
The 36 year-old made a surprise comeback for Lancashire in the summer, and featured in the T20 Blast Final. There was almost a dream ending as he starred with two big sixes and a wicket with his first delivery, but Warwickshire eventually edged the contest.
According the Daily Telegraph, Flintoff has been in discussions with Brisbane Heat, coached by former Lancashire team-mate, Stuart Law, and will join Kevin Pietersen in the Big Bash, which begins in December.
Pietersen, who released his controversial autobiography last week, will play for Melbourne Stars.
David Collier has dismissed Kevin Pietersen's recent allegations of bullying in the England cricket set-upRead the full story ›
Geoffrey Boycott has launched a stinging attack on the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) over the leaked document which portrayed Kevin Pietersen as a troublemaker in the England dressing room.
In his Daily Telegraph column, the former England batsman labelled some of the accusations "so trivial it beggars belief" and said that whoever leaked the document should lose their job.
"Kevin is a sinner but he has been sinned against by the ECB," Boycott said.
"For me, it reached its lowest point on Tuesday when a 'strictly confidential' ECB document was leaked to the media. The points it contained were pathetic and it was a crass idea to put together such a report to try to trash Kevin. It stinks.
"Whoever dreamt that up is not fit to lead English cricket. Kevin has been a fantastic batsman for England. He thrilled millions and helped win matches for the England team that enabled some people at the ECB to bask in reflected glory."
Pietersen called the document "a joke" earlier in the week.
Kevin Pietersen says he would play for the national side again but only if England and Wales Cricket Board chairman Giles Clarke left his role.
Pietersen was sacked by the ECB eight months ago and has caused controversy with his recent autobiography by saying there was a bullying culture in the England dressing room.
"What would have to happen for me to be recalled by England? Clearly, the boss would have to go,” Pietersen told the Evening Standard.
“Clarke would have to go, and I’ve been hearing that could happen in the next few months.
“That’s all hearsay, you never know. If there is a change at the top, there is potential, but we will wait and see.”
Popular radio broadcaster Jonathan Agnew has quit Twitter after a row with Kevin Pietersen's pop star wife Jessica TaylorRead the full story ›
Former England captain Kevin Pietersen has hit out at the England and Wales Cricket Board and Andy Flower.Read the full story ›