Wicketkeeper Jos Buttler has given his backing to Andrew Strauss' vision for the England cricket team.
The Lancashire player believes Strauss has given clarity to the team and set out what is to be achieved.
"The players respected that, and it was great to hear from the man himself what his visions are," said Buttler.
"You read things and you pick up hearsay - but to sit in a room and hear him say why these decisions have been made and what the plan is gives the players clarity."
Former Australia and Middlesex batsman Justin Langer says he will not be the next England head coach.
Langer had been a front runner for the role, but he says he wants to spend time with his family rather being away for the year.
I am flattered to be associated with potential international coaching opportunities, but the timing isn't right for my family and I still feel there is much work to be done here in Western Australian and Australian cricket.
Having spent nearly 20 years on the road with the Australian team as a player and then coach, I respect what an enormous commitment it is to be away from your family for almost 12 months of the year.
There is no doubt I have aspirations to coach internationally, but that will depend upon timing and opportunity in the future.
I look forward to continuing my work at the WACA and I am excited by this challenge.
Stuart Broad says he missed a sponsors event on Thursday morning due a migraine.
It was reported that the England bowler has not returned to his hotel room until 7am on Thursday morning following a drinking session with Matt Prior, but the Nottinghamshire seamer has played down the claims.
I don't want to go into massive detail about it but I think it was probably not as bad as it was portrayed. And I woke up with a migraine.
I wasn't on England duty for the ECB but I did apologise for putting them in that position because after the week they've had with (Andrew) Strauss and Pietersen, it was probably not what they needed.
I feel like now is the time as a team that we need to go 'cricket, cricket, cricket' because when we do that, that is generally when we get some good results.
'Any team without Kevin Pietersen in it I don't think is as strong,' the Aussie skipper said as the Ashes build up beginsRead the full story ›
Former England batsman says he 'wanted to earn his place back' in the national teamRead the full story ›
Colin Graves has insisted he "didn't make any promises" to Kevin Pietersen about a possible return to Test cricket.
The England and Wales Cricket Board chairman released a statement via the governing body's website in which he strongly defends his integrity - his first public response to Pietersen's claims that he has received "incredibly deceitful" treatment.
Pietersen learned on Monday from new ECB director Andrew Strauss, after making a triple-century for Surrey, that his attempt to force his way back into England contention via runs in the LV= County Championship had come to nought.
In the past few days my integrity has been called into question, something I can't accept. Throughout my business career and my years at Yorkshire, integrity has been my watchword. It governs everything I do and is an important part of what I bring to the ECB. So it saddens me that what was a private conversation with Kevin in March has been used to do just that. Kevin felt he had a lot to offer and was interested in a dialogue with the ECB, sorting things out and working together. He would love to play for England again but he wanted to contribute, whether as a player or not.I didn't make any promises.
There were no guarantees that if he chose to exit his IPL (Indian Premier League) contract, play county cricket and score runs he would be selected for England - and I said he should make any decision on his future on that basis.
The row over Kevin Pietersen's exclusion from the England cricket team went on today.
Batsman Ian Bell said there "maybe a position in time" for Pietersen, but in a later interview with ITV News he refused to say whether he had a problem with the 34-year-old.
While ex-England captain Nasser Hussain said he "believed in picking your best players", and that captains were paid to "man-manage difficult people".
ITV News' Ian Payne reports:
England have named uncapped pair Adam Lyth and Mark Wood in their squad of 12 for next week's first Investec Test against New Zealand at Lord's.
The first squad of this Ashes summer, and of the Andrew Strauss era since the former captain took over as the England and Wales Cricket Board's new director, consists entirely of players who toured West Indies for much of the past month.
Yorkshire opener Lyth and Durham fast bowler Wood did not feature there in any of the three Tests of a drawn series, but both could instead make a debut at HQ.
Lyth, in particular following the retirement of Jonathan Trott, can be inked in as captain Alastair Cook's opening partner against the Kiwis.
England squad for first Investec Test against New Zealand at Lord's (May 21-25):
AN Cook (captain), A Lyth, GS Ballance, IR Bell, JE Root, MM Ali, BA Stokes, JC Buttler, CJ Jordan, SCJ Broad, JM Anderson, MA Wood.
Kevin Pietersen could yet play for England again if he continues scoring runs, according to batsman Ian BellRead the full story ›