- An £8 million extension of the GREAT marketing campaign – crucially expanding the campaign within China, a key fast-growing economy.
- A £2 million investment to boost domestic tourism marketing – building on this year’s ’20,12% discount’ TV ad campaign.
- Maximising tourism on the back of the other big sporting events on the horizon – including the Champions League in 2013, Commonwealth Games in 2014 and World Athletic Championships in 2017.
- Making the most of cultural tourism, including maximising tourism boost from the extraordinary success of Festival 2012.
- These new initiatives will continue to maximise on the economic benefits of the Games across 17 key international cities.
Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt will today call for a post-Olympic tourism revolution.
In a speech to industry leaders he will set out a new strategy to deliver a tourism boost on the back of the Games.
He is determined to make sure that the UK makes the very most of being in the global spotlight in this Olympic year.