Parents of a baby girl, who died at one-day-old, have said they are "sickened" they were not told of earlier failings at Furness Hospital.
The health watchdog has named the individuals accused of allegedly covering up its failure to investigate at a Cumbria maternity unit.
Cynthia Bower has been named as one of the individuals allegedly involved in the hospital deaths inquiry 'cover-up'.
A landslide fell onto railway tracks on Saturday night after strong winds and torrential downpours, as authorities warn of severe weather conditions over the next few days.
One local in Cumbria tweeted pictures of the landslide after the night of heavy weather, saying he had "never heard rain like it".
The region was battered by strong winds on Saturday night, with gusts of 70-80 mph reported in some parts of the Pennines.
One of Britain's most wanted fugitives has been arrested this evening.
Brian Thexton, 37, was detained by police at an isolated rural property near Kirkby Stephen, a small market town in Cumbria.
Thexton was recently highlighted by the National Crime Agency as one of the country's most wanted fugitives.
He is accused of being involved in robberies where a gang would tie up homeowners and force them to give up alarm codes and safe combinations.
A school has paid tribute to a "popular student" who died from gunshot injuries in an incident on a farm in Broughton-in-Furness. Edward Gabbert, 15, died in hospital following the incident on Thursday night.
In a tribute to Edward, Millom School's executive head Ian Smith and its head of school Simon Laheney said:
Edward was a popular student, mature, immensely loyal to his friends and a real Cumbrian.
A true individual and lover of the great outdoors, Edward always knew his own mind and it's fair to say his passions lay outside school, but he always had great relationships with the staff at school who knew him.
A 35-year-old man from Barrow, who was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter in connection with the incident, has been bailed while inquiries continue.
A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter following the death of a 15-year-old boy.
The man, who is from Barrow, had previously been detained on suspicion of GBH.
The boy was shot at 11:17pm yesterday in Ulpha, Broughton-in-Furness, when he and two men and were shooting with permission on farm land.
The boy has yet to be named.
A 15-year-old boy has died after being shot at a farm in Broughton-in-Furness.
The incident occurred at 11:17pm yesterday (21 November) in Ulpha when two men and a boy were shooting with permission on farm land.
A 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of Grievous Bodily Harm and is helping police with their enquires.
The other man, who is in his forties, was not injured or arrested.
A 15-year-old boy is critically ill after suffering gunshot injuries at a farm - local media said he was shot in the head. Police were called to Ulpha, in Broughton-in-Furness, Cumbria, at about 11.15pm yesterday.
A police spokeswoman said the incident took place in an area where people had permission to shoot. The local youngster was taken to Salford Royal Infirmary and is in a critical condition.
The North West Evening Mail newspaper reported the Millom School pupil was shot in the head. A 35-year-old man from Barrow has been detained by police as inquiries continue.
The 47-year-old driver of the bus that crashed in Grayrigg was bailed yesterday pending further police investigation. He had been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
Investigations are underway into the cause of the crash between a school bus and a lorry, which happened near Kendal this morning.
A bus driver has been arrested after a crash with a school bus near Kendal in south Cumbria.
The lorry driver had to be cut out of his cabin and has been taken to hospital with spinal injuries.
A woman traveling on the the bus has neck injuries and many of the children have minor injuries such as cuts and bruises as the bus did not have seat belts for passengers.
The A685 between Tebay and Kendal is still blocked - drivers are asked to find another route.
The bus that collided with an HGV lorry in Cumbria this morning was carrying passengers, including schoolchildren aged between 13 and 16.
No child has been seriously injured.