Live updates

Dave Lee Travis brands alleged victims 'liars'

Dave Lee Travis called his three alleged sex attack victims "liars" in court today.

In increasingly heated exchanges during his cross-examination the veteran DJ former declared he had not assaulted anyone.

Dave Lee Travis brands alleged victims 'liars'. Credit: Elizabeth Cook/PA Wire

In the witness box the 69-year-old said he was "tactile" man but denied he is an opportunist who takes his chances to touch young women.

Travis, who is charged under his real name David Griffin, denies two counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault.

He is facing a retrial on two counts - one of indecent assault of a woman between November 1 1990 and January 31 1991, and another of sexual assault on a different woman between June 1 2008 and November 30 2008 - on which a jury was unable to reach verdicts at a trial earlier this year.

DJ Dave Lee Travis to face a retrial on sex charges

DJ Dave Lee Travis will face a retrial on charges of indecent and sexual assault, Southwark Crown Court was told today.

Dave Lee Travis with his wife Marianne, photographed earlier this month at Southwark Crown Court. Credit: Press Association.

Earlier this month the 68-year-old was found not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges.

The jury at London's Southwark Crown Court failed to reach verdicts on two other charges.

Advertisement

Woman: Verdict 'could prevent others coming forward'

A woman who gave evidence against Dave Lee Travis told ITV News she is worried that the verdict recorded today could "prevent other people from coming forward."

However, she urged people not be "put off" in contacting the police.

Travis, 68, was found not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges and the jury at London's Southwark Crown Court failed to reach verdicts on two other charges.

Woman: Operation Yewtree has given people 'a voice'

A woman who gave evidence against Dave Lee Travis denied that Operation Yewtree has failed and claimed that it gave many people "a voice."

Asked whether she thought it was possible to secure a historic sex abuse conviction, the woman said:

Travis, 68, was found not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges and the jury at London's Southwark Crown Court failed to reach verdicts on two other charges.

Woman does not regret making allegations against DLT

A woman who gave evidence against Dave Lee Travis told ITV News she was disappointed by the verdict but does not regret making the allegations against him.

She added that "it was important for this trial to happen" and praised the bravery of the women who went to the police with claims against the veteran broadcaster.

Travis, 68, was found not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges and the jury at London's Southwark Crown Court failed to reach verdicts on two other charges.

Advertisement

Dave Lee Travis: Verdicts 'not a victory in any way'

Dave Lee Travis told reporters outside court: "I'm not over the moon about any of this today.

"I don't feel like there's a victory in any way shape or form."

Dave Lee Travis speaks to reporters outside court after he was acquitted of 12 charges

He also said that he had "been through a year-and-a-half of hell" and that he had spent so much money on the trial that he had to sell his house.

"I did lose my reputation as well, which I may try and get back later," he added.

Load more updates