Police looking for missing 14-year-old Lorna Vickerage have released photographs of a car they believe she might be travelling in with John Bush, a 35-year-old man wanted on suspicion of child abduction.
"Officers believe that they may be travelling in a silver Ford Mondeo, registration plate Y753 CSH, which John Bush had previously borrowed and not returned," a statement said.
DCI Craig Robinson, of South Yorkshire Police, said: “John Bush is wanted on suspicion of child abduction and officers have extensively searched the local area.
"We have alerted all forces and ports to assist with locating them, as we believe they may have now left the Doncaster area.
"Lorna has been known to go missing before, however not in these circumstances.”
A 35-year-old man from Askern has been arrested by police searching for missing 14-year-old Lorna Vickerage.
The man is not John Bush, the 35-year-old convicted fraudster, who is wanted on suspicion of child abduction.
The mother of Lorna Vickerage is "petrified" about her safety, police said. Detective Chief Inspector Craig Robinson of South Yorkshire Police said the 35-year-old man she is thought to be with has a history of fraud, and urged the 14-year-old to contact her family. Mr Robinson said:
Lorna, you're not in trouble. Your mum's petrified, she's worried to death, we're concerned for your safety. We don't know why you've gone with John and we don't know why John's taken you.
Let us know you're safe and well. Speak to John - tell him to hand himself in, and if you're listening, John we really do need to speak to you. The sooner you get this over with, the better.
Police in Doncaster have issued an appeal for a missing 14-year-old girl who is believed to be with a 35-year-old man.
Lorna Vickerage was last seen on Monday afternoon. South Yorkshire Police said:
"Lorna and John are thought to have been in the Highfields area over the last two days. Lorna was last seen at 2.30pm on Monday, 10 June at Outwood Academy in Adwick wearing her school uniform but it is unlikely that she will still be wearing this."
Two care assistants who abused severely disabled patients were convicted today of "an appalling abuse of trust".Read the full story ›
Two care assistants have been convicted for what a court heard was "an appalling abuse of trust".
James Hinds and Susan Murphy were found guilty of systematically ill-treating severely disabled patients at a mental health unit in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.
Dr Nav Ahluwalia, executive medical director for Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust said: "We fully apologised to service users and their families at the time of the incidents and we apologise again today for the actions of the individuals that have been found guilty.
"The trust took immediate action as soon as we were made aware of the situation in 2007 and worked with South Yorkshire Police in their investigation into this matter.
"The trust has implemented improvements to the learning disability service at this centre to minimise the risks of such incidents happening again.
"We will not tolerate staff mistreating service users and have reinforced our channels of communication to ensure that staff, service users and carers report suspected abuse so that we can take action."
Hinds and Murphy were found guilty of ill-treating 12 different outpatients between them at the the Solar Centre, which is run by Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust (RDaSH).
All are extremely vulnerable adults, with limited communication abilities and a range of physical disabilities including blindness.
Many of the attacks involved patients being slapped and hit around the head.
Hinds threw one man into a wheelchair, dragged another to the toilet and hit another with a microphone.
Murphy locked one woman in a cupboard, the court heard.
All the incidents happened in a period between January 2005 and March 2007.
The mother of a victim of abuse at the Solar Centre in Doncaster speaks about the impact on her daughter.