The Duke of York is set to visit he protest-hit country of Bahrain on an official visit.
Prince Andrew's trip begins tomorrow and comes after the Government requested he to travelled to the Middle Eastern state.
Bahrain's government, dominated by members of its royal family, has been accused by campaigning groups of a string of human rights abuses since 2011.
Critics claim little has changed since then and trouble has flared up consistently since those first demonstrations.
Today's arrest at Buckingham Palace follows a number of security alerts - last month a suspected burglar managed to get into the building after scaling a fence.
He was found at around 10.30pm on 2nd September in a room that had been open to the public during the day.
A second man was arrested outside the Palace on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary.
Less than 48 hours later, amid heightened security, two police officers confronted the Duke of York in the Palace gardens demanding to know who he was.
Scotland Yard issued a public apology to the Duke, which he later accepted.
The Duke of York was challenged by police at Buckingham Palace less than 48 hours after a break-in at the Queen's London residence.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed a man was ordered to verify his identity by two officers in the palace's gardens at around 6pm on Wednesday.
The confrontation came after an intruder had scaled a fence and got inside the palace on Monday night, before being arrested by police.
Sarah Ferguson is said to have reunited with her former husband, the Duke of York, according to the Daily Telegraph.
The couple have remained close since they divorced in 1996 and both live at Royal Lodge, the former country home of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, in Berkshire.
The newspaper reported that they joined Beatrice, 25, and her sister, Princess Eugenie, 23, for the weekend at Balmoral, the Queen’s Scottish retreat, earlier this month.
A headcam has captured some of Prince Andrew's abseil descent down London's Shard today.
His Royal Highness was taking part in the event for charity.
Prince Andrew has said he is trying to raise £1 million for charity following his successful abseil descent down London's Shard building today.
Here are his online fundraising pages:
Ffion Hague, wife of Foreign Secretary William, has completed her abseil down The Shard building in London.
She has told reporters she is glad it is over. She admits she would not necessarily want to do it again but says it was exhilarating.
The Duke of York has told Daybreak presenter Gethin Jones that abseiling down down The Shard was a nerve-wracking experience.