The relatives of Dylan Cecil, who slipped into the sea from a jetty, say they are grateful after police believe they have found his body.
The mother of Dylan Cecil says is "devastated" but will stay in Burnham-on-Sea for "as long as it takes" until her son is found.
The search for a four-year-old boy - who went missing in the sea while on holiday - has been called off by rescuers.
Officers searching for the body of a four-year-old boy who fell into the water at Burnham-on-Sea have reported that a body of a young boy has been found near to the yacht club in Burnham-on-Sea. The body was discovered at 12.30pm today.
The parents of Dylan Cecil, who went missing on Sunday have been notified. Formal identification will be carried out.
The body of a four-year-old boy who slipped from a jetty is believed to have been washed out to sea after specialist sonar equipment failed to find him, experts said.
Volunteers from the UK underwater rescue organisation SARbot used specialist sonar equipment to scour the water for Dylan's Cecil 's body. But after spending hours on the water his body could not be found.
The organisation was using sonar equipment which is more sensitive than that used by police and had earlier said that if the youngster's body was still in the area, they would find it.
– Duncan Winsbury, chief executive of SARbot
We've just completed the search and have searched the whole bay and we've not found anything.
We believe that the currents may have taken him right out to sea now, he's certainly not in the bay.
Rachel McCollum told ITV News she "just can't rest at the moment until he's back."
"I haven't got closure, he's still lost. What can I do?" she said.
– Vince Irwin, coastguard sector manager for North Devon
The search has now been terminated as of 4.30 this afternoon.
We've had an extensive search throughout last night, the early hours of this morning and again this afternoon and have covered every possible area that we can think of.
We have covered over two tides now and generally it would have shown over those periods. Small patrols will be going out in view of that.
As you would expect it's not good news for the family, like it's not good news for us, they were very upset.
The search for missing Dylan Cecil, who fell into the water at Burnham-on-Sea in Somerset, has been "terminated", according to the coastguard spokesman.
Dylan Cecil's grandparents have paid tribute to him saying they "couldn't have wished for a grandson any better". Rachel McCollum's parents live in Burnham-on-Sea and Dylan had been visiting his grandparents, who he called his "seaside nanny and granddad".
– Jackie McCollum
Rachel, our daughter, and Darren came up Friday with the kids, they were going back today and we were going to have the kids until Friday. We always had them for a week and would spoil them and Dylan always called us seaside nanny and granddad, he always did. He loved coming up to see us, he loved the seaside. He was a bubbly, bubbly, lovely kid. He was our only grandson. We've got five granddaughters, but he was our only grandson.
Dylan's grandfather added:
– David McCollum
We couldn't have wished for a grandson any better. I just want to give thanks to everybody who has helped in the search mission and tried to get Dylan back for us. I can't say thank you enough really. We're all just devastated.
David McCollum, grandfather of Dylan Cecil, who went missing in the sea off Burnham-on-Sea yesterday, thanked rescue services for their attempts to save his grandson.
"A very big thank you for the Coastguard and everyone involved, police included. They've been really tremendous and very helpful."
"Words can't explain" the experience, he said.
"Nobody can even imagine it."