The Queen has given a personal donation to help the search and rescue operation in Italy in the wake of a huge earthquake which killed at least 267 and left hundreds more badly hurt.
Buckingham Palace said the unspecified amount was given to the British Red Cross, of which she is patron.
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have previously said they were "saddened to hear of the loss of life" and sent their "thoughts and prayers" to the "people of Italy, especially the family and friends of those affected".
The damage by ongoing aftershocks from a major earthquake in Italy is threatening to cut off the town of Amatrice, the local mayor has warned.
More than 900 aftershocks have been registered since the initial 6.2-magnitude quake struck in the early hours of Wednesday morning, causing more buildings to collapse and hampering search and rescue operations.
Two roads leading to Amatrice have also been badly damaged, putting the town at risk of being isolated from the rest of the region.
14-year-old Marcos Burnett died in the 6.2-magnitude quake in Amatrice, along with Maria and Will Henniker-Gotley, aged 51 and 55.Read the full story ›
The three Britons killed in Italy's devastating earthquake have been named.
Marcos Burnett, aged 14, died in the 6.2-magnitude quake, along with 51-year-old Maria Henniker-Gotley and her husband Will, 55.
All three had been in Amatrice, one of the worst-hit towns.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office confirmed the news.
It is with sadness that we can confirm the deaths of Maria, 51, and Will, 55, Henniker-Gotley and Marcos Burnett, 14, in the earthquake in Amatrice, Italy on August 24.
Their families have paid tribute to the tireless work of the Italian rescue workers and hospital staff and expressed their gratitude for the love and support they have received from the Italian people. Their thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by the earthquake.
Some of the victims of the devastating earthquake which struck central Italy will be laid to rest tomorrow, as the Italian government declared a national day of mourning.
Flags will fly at half-mast tomorrow at all public offices to honour those killed.
The funeral will be held in Ascoli Piceno and led by Bishop Giovanni D'Ercole, honouring the 49 victims who came from the tiny town of Arquata del Tronto and nearby hamlet Pescara del Tronto.
At least 267 people, including three Brits, have been confirmed dead since Wednesday's quake.
According to Italian news agency ANSA, Italian President Sergio Mattarella will be at the funeral.
The mother of the 14-year-old British boy killed in the devastating earthquake in central Italy is suffering from facial injuries including a broken nose, ITV News understands.
The boy's father is being treated for a broken leg.
Three Britons, including the teenager, are believed to be among the 267 confirmed dead in the region, which was left devastated by a 6.2-magnitude quake on Wednesday and dozens of aftershocks in the following days.
The death toll from the massive earthquake which rocked central Italy has risen to 267, the Civil Protection Department has said.
Almost 400 people remain injured in hospital.
Aftershocks have caused further destruction across the region. Officials said more than 900 aftershocks have been registered since the initial 6.2-magnitude quake struck in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Some 57 of them have hit since midnight on Friday.
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.7 has struck near the town of Amatrice in Italy, the US Geological Survey said.
It comes two days after a 6.2 magnitude earthquake hit the central region killing at least 250 people.
Aftershocks have disrupted rescue efforts as teams continue to save people trapped under the rubble.
Three Britons - including a 14-year-old boy - are thought to be among the dead.
Italy has declared a state of emergency with Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has promised 50 million euros (£42.7m) to help rebuild devastated towns.
Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has promised 50 million euros (£42.7m) to help rebuild devastated towns.Read the full story ›
A huge aftershock has sent more buildings tumbling to the ground in central Italy, disrupting efforts to find survivors.Read the full story ›