Eden Hazard appeared to take a sly dig at Jose Mourinho after inspiring Chelsea to a 3-0 win over BurnleyRead the full story ›
Chelsea continued their perfect start to the season with a 3-0 win against BurnleyRead the full story ›
Eden Hazard has endured two years of contrast at Chelsea after going from top of the pile to barely making the team.Read the full story ›
Belgian opened his season's account on home turf with a free-kick in the 5-1 thrashing of Manchester City in the FA CupRead the full story ›
Roy Keane has hit out at Eden Hazard after the out-of-sorts Chelsea winger talked up a move to PSGRead the full story ›
Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard has reignited speculation over his future by saying it would be difficult to rebuff an approach from Tuesday night's Champions League opponents Paris St Germain.
Hazard, signed from Lille for a reported £32m in June 2012, has been repeatedly courted by Real Madrid and PSG after his scintillating performances last season when Chelsea won the Premier League and Capital One Cup.
The Belgian's displays this season have been less emphatic and Chelsea's lowly league position means a likely absence of Champions League football next term - unless the Blues beat PSG in the last-16 tie, the first leg of which takes place at Parc des Princes on Tuesday, and go on to win this season's European Cup.
A summer of transition is likely, but a player exodus is possible if Chelsea are not in Europe's elite competition.
The 25-year-old told Le Parisien:
(It is) difficult to say no to PSG, or to any of the teams capable of winning the Champions League.
PSG are now in that category. And for me, winning the Champions League is my main aim.
Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard has revealed he sent a text message to Jose Mourinho after he was sacked apologising for his poor form.
The 25-year-old, who swept the board in the player of the year awards as Chelsea won the Premier League title last season, failed to replicate his stunning form this time around.
Mourinho paid the price in early December after being fired by Roman Abrahamovic. And the midfielder, who has yet to score in the Premier League this season, admits to feeling guilty.
"I sent him the message to say I was sorry he had gone and ... well ... just that I was sorry," he told the Guardian. "We'd enjoyed all that success together last season, but this time round we hadn't.
"I felt a little bit guilty because I'd been player of the year. I'd been one of the most decisive players, and this year I'd performed less well.
"I hadn't been at the same level. So I sent that text to Jose and he came back to me, wishing me all the best for the future."
Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard could start for the first time in four weeks in Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round tie at MK Dons.
Diego Costa is fit to feature despite suffering a knee problem in last week's Premier League win at Arsenal, but fellow striker Loic Remy (calf) is a doubt.
Striker Radamel Falcao (thigh) remains out and imminent deals for Alexandre Pato and Matt Miazga are unlikely to be completed in time for them to feature.
Provisional squad: Courtois, Begovic, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Zouma, Rahman, Oscar, Mikel, Traore, Kenedy, Pedro, Remy, Costa, Matic, Willian, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Amelia, Aina, Loftus-Cheek.
Only three players in the Premier League have taken more shots than Eden Hazard this season without scoring a goal.
The reigning Premier League Player of the Year and Chelsea's star man in 2014/15 drove Jose Mourinho's side towards the title with 14 league goals.
At the start of December 2014, Hazard already boasted six goals in all competitions but his current dismal run has now stretched to 21 matches without scoring.
The stats above are for Premier League matches alone and suggest Hazard's reduced threat in front of goal isn't from a lack of adventure.
In fact, the 24 year-old has taken 19 shots in total without once finding the back of the net. Perhaps many of those have been speculative efforts with Chelsea unable to carve open defences like they used to, or maybe it's time for Hazard to put in extra hours on the training field practising his shooting.
With Bournemouth lying in wait at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, a team who have conceded more than any other in England's top flight this term, Hazard will not get a better chance of ending his barren spell.
- Stats courtesy of Oulala
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho told Eden Hazard he would have to work harder defensively to win his place back in the Chelsea team.Read the full story ›