New FIFA president Gianni Infantino believes football cannot ignore technology.
The 45-year-old is in Cardiff ahead of the International Football Association Board's AGM, where they are expected to give the go-ahead for live video trials to help officials.
Sin-bins and the possibility of allowing a fourth substitute in extra time in cup competitions will also be on the agenda.
Infantino said: "Technology is on the agenda, the experiments to be done are on the agenda and it's important to protect the traditions.
"Football is such a successful sport because some wise people have protected the history but we cannot close our eyes to progress.
"We have to look forward. Look into it, test it, maybe it's successful, maybe it's not. Maybe we have to fine-tune it and maybe it takes a few more years to reach the right solution."
Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson has been removed from hit computer game Fifa 16.Read the full story ›
Michel Platini has taken his appeal against his ban from football to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
CAS announced on Wednesday that the Frenchman was challenging the suspension from football at a national and international level, which last week was reduced from eight years to six by Fifa's Appeal Committee.
Michel Platini has filed an appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against the decision issued by the FIFA Appeal Committee on 24 February 2016.
In appealing to the CAS, Michel Platini seeks to annul the decisions taken by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee and by the FIFA Appeal Committee which lead to him being declared ineligible to take part in football-related activity at national and international level for six years.
A CAS arbitration procedure is in progress. First, the parties will exchange written submissions and a panel of three arbitrators will be constituted. The Panel will then issue directions with respect to the holding of a hearing. Following the hearing, the Panel will deliberate and on a later date, it will issue a decision in the form of an Arbitral Award.
Greg Dyke predicted the election of Gianni Infantino as FIFA president could trigger an English bid for the 2030 World CupRead the full story ›
New Fifa president Gianni Infantino is the "right man" for the job, FA chairman Greg Dyke has said.
The FA supported Mr Infantino's bid for the top job and Mr Dyke welcomed his election.
"It is a great result, it's a good day," he said.
Who is the man replacing Sepp Blatter at the top of Fifa and what are the challenges he faces?Read the full story ›
New Fifa president Gianni Infantino has vowed to "restore Fifa and the image of Fifa" after being elected to lead football's world governing body.
In a speech moments after his election, he told the Fifa Congress in Zurich that football had gone through "sad times and crisis", but said: "Those times are over, now we need to go forward."
Mr Infantino, a Swiss lawyer of Italian origin, thanked the other candidates and the members of the Congress who voted.
"I cannot express my feelings in this moment," he said.
"We will restore Fifa and the image of Fifa. We have to be proud of Fifa and everybody has to be proud of Fifa."
Gianni Infantino has been elected as the new president of Fifa in the second round of the vote.
Mr Infantino secured 115 votes, having need 104 to win.
Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa came second with 88 votes.
Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein received four votes, but there were none for Jerome Champagne.
There was no outright winner in the first round of the Fifa presidential election.
Needing a two-thirds majority to be elected - or 138 votes - Gianni Infantino came closest with 88 votes.
Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa came a close second, with 85 votes.
Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein received 27 votes, while Jerome Champagne only got seven.
There will now be a second ballot, in which candidates need to obtain half the votes to be elected president.
Fifa presidential candidate Tokyo Sexwale has pulled out of the election before the first round of voting.
Mr Sexwale, a South African anti-apartheid activist, made the announcement in his speech to the Fifa Congress.
"I have got a surprise for you," he said. "My campaign ends today and I suspend my participation. With only four people, it is your problem now."