Sepp Blatter, the dethroned Fifa president, is preparing to publish a personal account of his near 18 years at the head of football's world governing body.
Swiss firm Werd and Weber Verlag is to release the book titled 'Sepp Blatter: Mission Football', written by his official spokesman, Thomas Renggli.
The publicity blurb says Blatter "repeatedly had to put up with harsh reviews and prejudices" and details how the 79-year-old "learned to deal with the hostility" during his lengthy tenure as FIFA president, which came to a swift end last June.
A spokesperson for the publishers told Press Association Sport: "It's his very own opinion on his time at FIFA.
"It's a very personal book, not judicially edited or sanitised at all."
The book is scheduled to be published in Blatter's native Switzerland in April, not in February as detailed on the publisher's website, and an English language version is due to be published in June. It will cost 39 Swiss francs (almost £28).
It is anticipated Blatter and Michel Platini, who was widely expected to succeed the Swiss as FIFA president, will this week learn the results of their appeals against their respective eight-year suspensions from all football-related activity.
Lawyers representing Prince Ali Bin Hussein of Jordan have called on the Court of Arbitration for Sport to suspend the Fifa presidential elections.
Prince Ali has previously issued concerns over voting arrangements, but had his idea for transparent voting booths rejected by Fifa's election committee.
We have requested Fifa to set out the conditions of a fair electoral process.
Instead of agreeing upon HRH Prince Ali ‘offer make available to the Fifa the transparent voting booths, we do note that Fifa will simply request voters “to leave their mobile while going to vote”.
This request is not sufficient. Fifa remains silent upon the measures to enforce it and sanctions associated with it. Prince Ali has naturally brought to the matter to CAS on Monday the 22nd.
FIFA has objected to our demand for expedited hearing in order for an award to be delivered before February 26th.
This behavior bears no rational other than denying any right to a fair and transparent voting process.
As a consequence, we are now seeking provisional measures before CAS to suspend the coming election on Friday 26th of February
Disgraced former FIFA president Sepp Blatter has insisted the 2022 World Cup vote was not fixedRead the full story ›
Fifa's Ethics Committee has recommended life bans from football for former Conmebol vice-presidents Luis Bedoya and Sergio Jadue.
The pair each pleaded guilty to charges of racketeering conspiracy and wire fraud conspiracy in December, having been indicted as part of the long-running criminal investigation into corruption with Fifa.
A separate investigation by the Ethics Committee has now concluded and chairman Dr Cornel Borbely has passed his recommendations to the committee's adjudicatory chamber, chaired by Hans-Joachim Eckert.
In his final reports, the chairman of the investigatory chamber of the Ethics Committee recommended imposing on both Mr Bedoya and Mr Jadue a lifelong ban on taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for an alleged violation of the general rules of conduct (art. 13 of the FIFA Code of Ethics (FCE)), loyalty (art. 15 FCE), duty of disclosure, cooperation and reporting (art. 18 FCE), conflicts of interest (art. 19 FCE), bribery and corruption (art. 21 FCE) and general obligation to collaborate (art. 41 FCE).
Greg Dyke has confirmed the Football Association will throw its weight behind UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino's bid for the FIFA presidency.
Infantino is one of five candidates - along with Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim al-Khalifa, Tokyo Sexwale and Jerome Champagne - hoping to succeed Sepp Blatter at the helm of football's world governing body, with the election due to be held next Friday in Zurich.
FA chairman Dyke spoke with all nominees and was impressed by Prince Ali, but said his organisation would be supporting Infantino.
Dyke said on the FA's website:
We decided that we would back Gianni Infantino. We did what we promised we would, I spoke to every candidate either in person or on the phone.
We were impressed by Gianni. We were also impressed by Prince Ali, but in the end we decided to go with the UEFA candidate.
Franz Beckenbauer has been fined and warned by the adjudicatory chamber of Fifa's ethics committee for failing to co-operate with an ethics committee investigation regarding the 2018/2022 Fifa World Cup bids.
Beckenbauer, who won the World Cup as a player and a manager with West Germany, had been suspended during the disciplinary process before subsequently cooperating and has now been fined 7,000 Swiss francs (around #4,900) and warned.
The adjudicatory chamber of the ethics committee chaired by Jack Kariko has imposed a sanction of a warning and fine on football official Franz Beckenbauer. The sanction comes into force immediately.
The decision was made based on investigations carried out by the chief of investigation, Vanessa Allard, member of the investigatory chamber of the ethics committee.
In the present case, Mr Beckenbauer failed to cooperate with an ethics committee investigation conducted by the then chairman of the investigatory chamber of the ethics committee regarding the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup bids despite repeated requests for his assistance.
Former FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke has been banned for 12 years for a number of offences including his part in a World Cup tickets scandal and using a private jet for personal reasons.
The Frenchman, who was formally dismissed last month, has been banned from all football-related activity for 12 years and fined 100,000 Swiss francs (almost £71,000) by FIFA's ethics committee.
Valcke also negotiated to sell World Cup television rights for below their true value, according to a statement from the ethics committee.
Fifa presidency candidate Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein has accused one of his rivals of failing to protect players.Read the full story ›
FIFA presidential candidate Gianni Infantino has unveiled a 90-day action plan for his first three months in office if he is elected.Read the full story ›
Suspended Fifa president Sepp Blatter is still receiving his presidential salary despite his world football ban, according to the Reuters news agency.
The Fifa ethics committee banned president Sepp Blatter and Uefa president Michel Platini from football activities for eight years.
The bans follow an investigation into a £1.3m "disloyal payment" made to Platini in 2011.
But Blatter, a Swiss national who has been president of FIFA since 1998, will continue to be paid until a new president is elected on 26 Feb, spokesman Andreas Bantel told Reuters.
This means Blatter would have been paid for nearly five months during which time he was unable to carry out his duties, and a period in which Fifa has appointed an acting president, African soccer head Issa Hayatou.