The prince will visit St Michael's on Wyre to see how residents are coping since December's unprecedented flooding in the area.Read the full story ›
The environment secretary has suggested people living in areas prone to flooding should pay councils an extra 1.25% to bolster defences.Read the full story ›
Britons have been warned to prepare for downpours and flooding as Storm Jonas that battered America heads for the UK.Read the full story ›
This winter has seen some of the worst flooding in living memory. Tonight examines how we may have to adapt to a wetter world.Read the full story ›
Nearly 200 flood alerts and warnings are in place as Britain braces for torrential rain and further flooding on Boxing Day.Read the full story ›
A heavily pregnant mother and her five-year-old boy will be homeless this Christmas after floods destroyed their house in Cumbria.Read the full story ›
ITV News' Political Correspondent Carl Dinnen has more details on how the £50 million fund for families and businesses in flood-hit areas of Cumbria and Lancashire will be used.
- £40 million will come from the treasury reserve, but £10 million will come from the departmental budget.
- £10 million is to go on improving public flood defences and roads.
- £5,000 will go to households to help improve their own flood defences, such as putting in better doors and windows and raising plug sockets.
- Households will also receive £500 each to help with emergency accommodation.
- Businesses affected will also get £2,500 each to help deal with the flooding.
The Treasury has said it would try and improve the way in which this is delivered in future.
Flooding hit parts of Yorkshire on Sunday, turning many roads into rivers and leaving homes at risk.Read the full story ›
President Obama has declared a state of emergency in South Carolina after severe storms caused heavy flooding.Read the full story ›