Britons have been warned to prepare for downpours and flooding as Storm Jonas that battered America heads for the UK.Read the full story ›
This winter has seen some of the worst flooding in living memory. Tonight examines how we may have to adapt to a wetter world.Read the full story ›
Nearly 200 flood alerts and warnings are in place as Britain braces for torrential rain and further flooding on Boxing Day.Read the full story ›
A heavily pregnant mother and her five-year-old boy will be homeless this Christmas after floods destroyed their house in Cumbria.Read the full story ›
ITV News' Political Correspondent Carl Dinnen has more details on how the £50 million fund for families and businesses in flood-hit areas of Cumbria and Lancashire will be used.
- £40 million will come from the treasury reserve, but £10 million will come from the departmental budget.
- £10 million is to go on improving public flood defences and roads.
- £5,000 will go to households to help improve their own flood defences, such as putting in better doors and windows and raising plug sockets.
- Households will also receive £500 each to help with emergency accommodation.
- Businesses affected will also get £2,500 each to help deal with the flooding.
The Treasury has said it would try and improve the way in which this is delivered in future.
Flooding hit parts of Yorkshire on Sunday, turning many roads into rivers and leaving homes at risk.Read the full story ›
President Obama has declared a state of emergency in South Carolina after severe storms caused heavy flooding.Read the full story ›
A month's worth of rain is due to fall over the next 36 hours in some areas of the UK, bringing the risk of flooding.Read the full story ›
Heavy flooding and landslides caused by torrential downpours have affected nearly four million people in China, with at least 15 feared dead.
The floods, which hit southwest China's Sichuan Province, damaged homes and destroyed vehicles.
A huge landslide hit Barkam County and thousands of residents have been evacuated across the country.
A couple buried under ruins after their house collapsed in Tongnan District in Chongqing on Tuesday morning were rescued by firefighters.