Floyd Mayweather accepted that Conor McGregor was better than he thought as he was made to work hard for his 10th-round stoppageRead the full story ›
Floyd Mayweather Jr stopped the Irishman in the 10th round in their so-called "superfight" in Las VegasRead the full story ›
Mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor has agreed a deal to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr in the boxing ring.Read the full story ›
A car linked to boxer Floyd Mayweather was gutted during an arson attack in Birmingham on Sunday morning.Read the full story ›
Amir Khan has insisted he would not be interested in fighting Floyd Mayweather if the American makes his expected return from retirement, even if he defeats Saul Alvarez to win the WBC middleweight title.
He challenges Mexico's defending champion 'Canelo' Alvarez on Saturday at Las Vegas' new T-Mobile Arena when he is such an underdog that victory would be among the greatest ever by a British fighter.
Mayweather has this week attracted significant attention since hinting at plans for a comeback and speaking of talks with American television networks CBS and Showtime, and if Khan were to hold a middleweight title where the 39 year old is yet to fight, the potential money involved would be likely to get Mayweather's attention.
"He messed me around a lot so I don't think I'd take that fight. He messed me around, so I'd probably treat him the same way," said Khan.
"Floyd's probably missing not having his picture on the MGM. He must see my picture and Canelo's picture and think, 'People have forgotten about me'. As soon as you say you're retired, we do forget about the people who say that.
"Mayweather's feeling that now, he's feeling like no one's talking about him, that he's old news, and maybe that's why he's trying to get everyone supporting him again by saying 'I want to make a comeback'.
"Whatever Mayweather says, let him say it."
The WBO has ceased to recognise Floyd Mayweather as its welterweight world champion after he failed to pay a mandatory sanction feeRead the full story ›
An injured Manny Pacquiao arrived back in the Philippines to a hero's welcome on Wednesday, the boxer still adamant he did enough to win his welterweight megabout against Floyd Mayweather Jr at the start of the month.
The 36-year-old southpaw was wearing a sling on his right arm following shoulder surgery on a torn rotator cuff suffered prior to his unanimous points decision loss to the American in the heavily hyped fight in Las Vegas on May 2.
Pacquiao, a world champion a eight different weight classes and regarded as one of the sport's great entertainers, was sued in a U.S. court last week by two people who felt defrauded by his failure to disclose the pre-bout injury.
The Filipino, smiling for photographers, told reporters at Manila Airport his focus was not on boxing for now.
"I haven't discussed with anyone about my next fight. My focus right now is my shoulder recovery and to make it 100 percent okay, and my focus is on my congress work and family," he said.
Floyd Mayweather has branded Manny Pacquiao a "coward" and distanced himself from a possible rematch of last weekend's one-sided victory in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao blamed a torn rotator cuff for his conclusive points defeat at the MGM Grand, claiming his damaged right shoulder meant he effectively only had use of one hand.
In a text message sent to ESPN on Tuesday, Mayweather hinted he would be open to a second clash with the Filipino only to perform a U-turn that will fuel Amir Khan's hopes of facing the unified welterweight champion in September.
"Did I text Stephen A. Smith and say I will fight him again? Yeah, but I change my mind," Mayweather said in an interview with American television network Showtime.
"But at this particular time, no, because he's a sore loser and he's a coward. If you lost, accept the loss and say, 'Mayweather, you were the better fighter.'"
Amir Khan is hopeful of arranging a showdown with Floyd Mayweather in September, aided by the fact Ramadan falls earlier this year.
The Bolton fighter believes an eight-week training programme after Ramadan ends on July 17 will be sufficient to prepare him to face the American.
"I'm not ruling out fighting in September because it's possible that it could happen," Khan said.
"Mayweather only fights in mid-September and Ramadan will be a little earlier this year, which helps. It gives me enough time to get the training done. So it can happen in September."
Manny Pacquiao cast a shadow over Floyd Mayweather's conclusive points victory in Las Vegas by claiming he considered postponing the fightRead the full story ›