Cheick Tiote's agent confirmed the Newcastle midfielder married a second woman this month, despite living with his first wife in NewcastleRead the full story ›
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew's job is under no immediate threat despite a winless start to the Premier League season.Read the full story ›
Football gaming fans flocked to hundreds of Game stores across the country for the midnight launch of new video game Fifa 15Read the full story ›
Fifa's executive committee has voted to ban third-party ownership of players meaning outside investors won't be able to profit from transfers, president Sepp Blatter has confirmed.
Blatter said that a working group will draft a list of rules that will be implemented after a 'transitional period'.
Third party ownership is already banned in England but Premier League teams have recently had to buy players involved with owners other than their clubs - such as Manchester City's £32m deal for Eliquim Mangala this summer.
The FIFA ExCo has taken the principle decision that third-party ownership (TPO) shall be banned with a transitional period.
Rio Ferdinand has all the qualities to be 'another Michel Platini' and take up a role running football, says QPR boss Harry Redknapp.Read the full story ›
UEFA have announced an official investigation into Liverpool and six other clubs over potential breaches of financial fair play regulationsRead the full story ›
Portuguese giants Porto have refused a request from rivals Sporting to walk out holding the hands of their young mascots before tomorrow's Primeira Liga fixture in Lisbon.
The fair play gesture is customary at football grounds across Europe, but isn't mandatory in Portugal, and Porto have refused to explain the controversial decision.
Porto are currently two points ahead of Sporting in the Portuguese top flight.
QPR defender Steven Caulker was briefly arrested after being wrongly accused of stealing a tub of cheese from a Tesco Express in SurreyRead the full story ›
Liverpool's 14-13 spot-kicks cup win over Middlesbrough smashed the competition's record but remains a long way behind the world record.Read the full story ›
Liverpool have won planning permission to add an additional 8,500 seats to the Main Stand at Anfield - increasing the capacity to around 54,000.
It emerged last week that the club's proposals to expand their stadium had been recommended for approval by Liverpool council planners.
A vote was taken on the scheme on Tuesday after elected members of the planning committee visited Anfield, with the Reds being given the green light to proceed with phase one of the project - the extension of the Main Stand.
In phase two, the Anfield Road stand would be increased, with the project as a whole taking the capacity from around 45,000 to around 58,800.
The resolution from members of Liverpool City Council's Planning Committee to grant planning permission, subject to conditions and legal agreement, was unanimous.
Construction work on the proposed Main Stand - during which matches will continue to be played at Anfield - is expected to begin early next year and be complete in time for the 2016-17 season.