An American soldier who was hailed a 'hero' after taking down an armed gunman on a train travelling from Amsterdam to Paris has been released from hospital.
Spencer Stone was pictured with his left arm in a sling as he left the Clinique Lille Sud hospital in France this evening.
Stone was treated for knife wounds after tackling a 26-year-old man who opened fire on his train carriage armed with a Kalashnikov rifle.
Anthony Sadler, who also helped in the apprehension of the gunman, said his friend had shown great bravery in stopping the shooter.
He said: "He was the first one to jump on him, he's the one who got cut up ... none of us are injured but Spencer took a few injuries and he just had no fear."
A gunman who was overpowered by passengers on a French train is known to European authorities as a suspected radical Islamist if he has given his true identity, France's interior minister has said.
Two people were wounded during the struggle, in which three Americans and a British man disarmed and tied up the suspected terrorist.
Bernard Cazeneuve said the suspect's identity had not been confirmed, but said if he was telling the truth he is a 26-year-old Moroccan man who had been identified by Spanish authorities to the French security services in February last year.
After Spanish authorities had him under surveillance, he left for France in 2014, then travelled to Syria before returning to France once more, a counter-terrorism source told Reuters news agency.
Cazeneuve did not mention any travel to Syria, naming only Spain and Belgium as places of residence in the last year.
A British man who helped apprehend an armed gunman on a train from Amsterdam to Paris has told media he decided to fight the attacker because he thought: "I'm probably going to die anyway".
Chris Norman, a consultant, and three American men tackled the suspected terrorist, who was armed with a Kalashnikov rifle.
Speaking today, Norman said "rapid reasoning" led him to decide to head towards the man. "My thought was I'm probably going to die anyway, so let's go," he said.
"I'd rather die being active trying to get him down than simply sit on the corner and be shot," Norman added.
Footage has emerged of the scene on a train in France after three American, including two servicemen, and a British man overpowered a gunman.
Three people were injured - two seriously - in the suspected terror attack, including an American national and a Frenchman.
A suspect who is is believed to be a 26-year-old of Moroccan origin has been arrested.
Video report by ITV News' Katie Hunter
France's President Francois Hollande has thanked three Americans who helped overpower a gunman who opened fire on a train yesterday.
The men, including two US servicemen, and a British man helped subdue the attacker who was later arrested at Arras station in northern France.
Je recevrai @elysee les Américains et Français ayant permis de maîtriser l'agresseur du Thalys pour leur témoigner la gratitude de la France
Mr Hollande posted a tweet in French, in which he said he had expressed "the gratitude of France".
A Spanish official has said the suspected gunman on the high-speed Amsterdam to Paris train had traveled to Syria, Associated Press reports.
Meanwhile, the French Interior Minister said the 26-year-old man may be a Moroccan identified to French police by the Spanish intelligence services as having links to Islamist militant connections.
David Cameron has praised the "extraordinary courage" of the three men who overpowered the gunman on a high-speed train on Friday.
In a statement, the prime minister said the men, including British consultant Chris Norman, had "helped to prevent a terrible accident."
The Prime Minister praised the extraordinary courage of the passengers who intervened and helped disarm the gunman, including the British consultant Chris Norman. The bravery of Mr Norman and the other passengers helped to prevent a terrible incident.
France's interior minister Bernard Cazeneuve has said there is still no certainty of the identity of a gunman who opened fire on a train travelling from Amsterdam to Paris on Friday.
The attacker was subdued by three Americans and a British man and later arrested at Arras station in northern France.
Mr Cazeneuve added that if confirmed the attacker's identity may correspond to a 26-year-old man pointed out by Spanish security services in February 2014.
The gunman in the French train attack had been under surveillance after foreign security services identified him as dangerous, a source said.
The French Interior Minister said if the attacker's identity can be confirmed, it could correspond to a man pointed out to French police by the Spanish security services in February 2014.
The 26-year-old man wounded three people on Friday on board a high-speed train travelling from Amsterdam to Paris, before being overpowered by three men who stopped the attack.
The source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the gunman was being transferred to the Paris region from Arras where the incident took place.
The step-mother of a US serviceman, who helped overpower a gunman on a train in France, has said she is not surprised by his bravery.
Alek Skarlatos, 22, was one of three Americans and a British man who helped subdue the heavily armed man when he opened fire in a suspected terrorist attack.
Mr Skarlatos' friend and fellow serviceman Spencer Stone was seriously injured as they subdued the gunman.
Karen Skarlatos told BBC Radio 5 Live: "It does not surprise me in the least that he would act when action was needed, because that is the kind of guy he is. He has always been that way.
"He and his friend are big, strong, brave guys and they love their country and they are both in the military and they are prepared", she added.