France's prime minister stated on Sunday he believed the man behind the Nice lorry attack was radicalised "very quickly"Read the full story ›
Authorities in France are facing criticism over how the Nice attacker got through security controls despite 120 police officers and soldiers on patrol.
Critics say not enough was done to protect the several miles long stretch of the city's seaside promenade that had been closed to traffic.
At least 84 people when Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel drove down it at speed on Thursday.
President Francois Hollande has called on "patriotic citizens" to join the reserves in an attempt to boost security.
A man caught up in the Nice lorry attack lost six family members in the atrocity.
Christophe Lyon lost his wife Veronique, 55, his mother Gisele, 63, and his father Germain, 68.
Veronique's 28-year-old son Michael Pellegrini was also killed along with his grandparents Francois and Christiane Locatelli, aged 82 and 78 respectively.
Mr Lyon is said to be too traumatised to speak following the attack which killed 84 people including 10 children.
Some 52 people - including 30 children - are still in hospital.
The man believed to have carried out the Nice lorry attack, which killed 84 people, had been seeing psychologists for several years before he left Tunisia for France in 2005, his sister has said.
Rabeb Bouhlel told Reuters her brother Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel "had psychological problems and we have given the police documents showing that he had been seeing psychologists for several years".
Five people are in custody in the wake of a deadly lorry attack in Nice which left at least 84 people dead, the French prosecutor's office has confirmed.
Three of the arrests were made this morning after a raid in the city.
The so-called Islamic State military group has claimed responsibility for the deadly truck attack in Nice, France, which left at least 84 people dead, according to the group's media outlet Amaq.
Friends and family of Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, who drove the truck into crowds celebrating Bastille Day, have disputed that he was a Muslim - saying he ate pork, drank and took drugs.
Speaking to the MailOnline, Walid Hamou - a cousin of Bouhlel's wife Hajer Khalfallah - said Bouhlel had also beaten his wife.
Bouhlel was not religious. He did not go to the mosque, he did not pray, he did not observe Ramadan.
He drank alcohol, ate pork and took drugs. This is all forbidden under Islam.
He was not a Muslim, he was a s***. He beat his wife, my cousin, he was a nasty piece of work.
Meanwhile, in an interview with the BBC in Tunisia, Bouhlel's father Monthir said his son had been taking medication for mental health problems.
Three people have been arrested over the Nice truck attack which left at least 84 people dead, French police have said.
The driver of the truck, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, was shot dead by police at the scene of the attack, on the Promenade des Anglais, where many had gathered to watch Bastille Day fireworks.
Flowers were laid on the Promenade des Anglais, nearly 24 hours after 84 people were killed in an attack in Nice.Read the full story ›
President Obama has said America will "stand with the people of France" after the Nice attack which killed 84.
He pledged to keep up the fight against so-called Islamic State, adding: "We will not be deterred. We will not relent.
"These terrorists kill people of all faiths. These attacks are an affront to all humanity."
Video report by ITV News Security Editor Rohit Kachroo
The Nice attacker rented the lorry he used to carry out his act of "DIY terrorism" just two days before he committed mass murder.
The 19-tonne vehicle did more damage than any firearm could, killing 84 people in its path and injuring 200 more.
A man on a scooter was filmed attempting to stop the tragedy, even running alongside the lorry when he fell off his bike.
But his bravery was for nothing as Bouhlel ploughed on killing dozens more.
But what is still not clear is why Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel did what he did.