Jockey Frankie Dettori will race at Epsom on Friday after being cleared to return from his six-month suspension for failing a drug test.
Dettori, 42, was banned by French racing authorities after he tested positive for cocaine at Longchamp last September.
The Italian had last week been due to make his comeback but was thwarted in his efforts after a test carried out by France Galop produced, according to British racing authorities, an "irregularity".
But the British Horseracing Authority today said it had re-issued Dettori with a full licence following "confirmation from France Galop that he has successfully fulfilled all of their criteria to be fit to ride".
Dettori is now set to head to the opening day of Epsom's Derby Festival for two rides, partnering Ed Dunlop's Beatrice Aurore in the opening Princess Elizabeth Stakes before riding the Marco Botti-trained Fattsota in the Investec Wealth & Investment Handicap.
Frankie Dettori has admitted in an interview with Channel 4 News that he took cocaine. Frankie said: "things were going bad, I was depressed in a moment of weakness and I fell for it. I've got only myself to blame for it, I can't blame anyone else for it."
In the exclusive TV interview, Britain's most famous jockey spoke to Clare Balding about his drugs ban. Watch the preview here.
Watch the full interview on Channel 4 News, Thursday, 7pm.
Frankie Dettori fears he may never repair the damage done to his reputation by a failed drugs test which has seen him handed a six-month ban.
The jockey told the Daily Star: "I'm ashamed and embarrassed. It was one night of madness with friends.
"I dropped my guard when I was at my weakest. I was in a dark place. I was very low, my job was going down the drain.
"When I woke up the next morning I regretted it but it was already too late. I will regret it for the rest of my life."
He added: "People will always remember it. Now when they look at me they won't think of the things I have done for racing in the past 20 years, they'll just think, 'He's the guy who got caught with drugs'."
Champion jockey Frankie Dettori's six-month ban will be counted from 20 November because he been prevented from racing since that date, French authorities said.
It means he could be back in the saddle as early as 19 May 2013.
The statement from the French racing authority, France Galop, said:
They [France Galop stewards] decided to take into account his temporary incapacity to ride in races in France due to medical reasons, as of November 20, 2012, pursuant to the statement made by the Medical Committee.
Frankie Dettori's lawyer said he was "determined to rebuild his reputation" after receiving a six-month worldwide racing ban after testing positive for a prohibited substance. His lawyer said the champion jockey took full responsibility for his actions, and was determined to return to the saddle:
Racing has been good to Frankie and he knows that his privileged position brings with it responsibility. For this reason he is determined to rebuild his reputation when he returns to the saddle.
He is clear, however, that the responsibility for his current situation lies squarely with him. From the start of France Galop's inquiry he has acknowledged to them he has made a mistake and that the fault was his.
Finally, he has asked me to thank everyone for the many messages of support he and his family have received.
Three-times British champion jockey Frankie Dettori has been suspended from riding for six months after being found guilty of taking a prohibited substance during a routine examination at Longchamp in September this year. His lawyer Christopher Stewart-Moore said he "fully accepts" the decision:
"I have spoken to Frankie since the announcement was made and he has told me he fully accepts France Galop's decision. He also accepts that he has let down the sport he loves and all those associated with it, as well as the wider public."
"But most of all, and this is his greatest regret, he has let down his wife and children."