Robbie Williams may rejoin Take That to record their new album next year, Gary Barlow has revealed.
X Factor finalist Sam Bailey won high praise from the judges as she looks to cement her position as the champion-elect of this year's show.
Louis Walsh admitted he is having second thoughts about quitting The X Factor after a decade on the judging panel.
Television bosses want the duo to provide "fireworks" on the talent show and are planning on bringing back Nicole Scherzinger as a judge, The Sun reports.
The popstar pair fell out when Williams quit Take That in 1995 but have since made-up when the Angels and Rock DJ singer rejoined his bandmates in 2010 for a new album and string of sell-out concert dates.
A spokesman for the show said: "It's far too early to say anything about the judging panel for this year's X Factor."
The X Factor judge Gary Barlow has said he has closed his music label Future Records because he has too many commitments, including his home life.
All of the artists signed up to the Take That star's Future Records are to be taken over by the label's parent company Universal.
Barlow, whose fourth child, Poppy, was stillborn in August, told The Sun: "It's been a very difficult decision but it came down to time. I've had a lot going on recently and I want to spend more time with my family."
Take That star Gary Barlow said he was "deeply proud" to be awarded his OBE by the Queen.
The 41-year-old X Factor judge, who has spent more than 20 years in the public eye, was given the title for services to the entertainment industry and to charity.
In a statement Barlow said he had been surprised by the award and that it "hadn't seemed real until today".
Take That star Gary Barlow will return to Buckingham Palace today to be rewarded for his long career in showbusiness.
The 41-year-old X Factor judge, who is one of several celebrities to be awarded today, will receive his OBE for services to the entertainment industry and to charity.
Barlow masterminded the triumphant Diamond Jubilee concert - staged at the Palace during a special bank holiday weekend in June - that featured a host of stars including Stevie Wonder and Sir Paul McCartney.
Robbie Williams has teased fans with the prospect of another reunion with Take That pal Gary Barlow after posting a picture online of the two of them rehearsing.
The duo are seen singing on a podium together surrounded by musicians in the image which was posted on Twitter earlier today, sparking speculation they will perform in the next few days.
The photo is accompanied by the caption: "Robbie and the Captain - what are they up to?"
Williams was reunited with his erstwhile bandmate earlier this month when they teamed up as Barlow was celebrated with a Music Industry Trusts Award at a gala dinner.
Both performers are due to play solo shows in the coming days. Williams is on the bill for the Royal Variety Performance on Monday and will play headline shows at London's O2 Arena from Thursday.
X Factor judge Barlow is to perform a Little Noise Sessions show for Mencap on Monday at east London's St John-at-Hackney Church, and is also playing a series of shows throughout this month and through to January as part of his first solo tour for 13 years.
X Factor judges Gary Barlow and Tulisa Contostavlos were locked in peace talks on Saturday night after he accused the N-Dubz star of having "fag-ash breath" in front of millions of viewers.
Barlow has said sorry for the comment he made on Saturday night's ITV1 programme as show insiders revealed the pair spent time alone in a dressing room discussing their spat after filming ended.
A show source said: "They were locked in a dressing room for peace talks after the show; just the two of them. Gary apologised a lot. Tulisa was angry but eventually she accepted his apology.
"Gary feels really, really bad about what he said. It was speaking without thinking in the spur of the moment and he didn't mean it."