Demonstrators have embarked on a months-long trek across Europe to demand an end to the Syrian civil war.Read the full story ›
Around 32,000 homes with 54,000 residents are in the evacuation zone in Augsburg, southern Germany.Read the full story ›
German Chancellor Angela Merkel says she supports a nationwide burqa ban in Germany.Read the full story ›
An explosion has shaken the German consulate in Afghanistan, a NATO spokesman has said, with reports of a gun battle ensuing.
The blast happened in front of the building in the northern city of Mazari-i-Sharif - with the Taliban issuing a statement claiming they had sent suicide bombers to the consulate to carry out the attack.
Residents reported hearing a "huge explosion" which shattered windows in the surrounding buildings.
Walter Hassmann, the German ambassador to Afghanistan, said the "incident is ongoing" but would not confirm any further details.
There were no immediate reports of any casualties.
The 40-day old tot was listed on the auction site last week for the price of 5,000 euro (£4,500).Read the full story ›
Jaber Albakr, 22, who was granted asylum in Germany was suspected of preparing an 'imminent' bomb attack in the country.Read the full story ›
The men recognised Jaber Albakr from a police wanted poster, tied him up, then called the authorities.Read the full story ›
The police said on Twitter they caught the man on Sunday night, having lost their grasp on him on Saturday.Read the full story ›
Officials did not say if either of those arrested were 22-year-old Jaber Albakr - the man suspected of planning the attack.Read the full story ›
Three Syrian men arrested in Germany are "strongly suspected" of having been sent to the country by Islamic State to prepare for a terrorist attack and may have links to last year's Paris attackers.
German federal prosecutors believe the trio were dispatched to Germany in November 2015 "either to carry out a mission that they had been informed about or to wait for further instructions".
Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere later said the suspects may be a "sleeper cell" with connections to the group of men who attacked the French capital in November last year.
Mr Maiziere said the men had fake passports made in the "same workshop" as the Paris attackers and journeyed from Syria to Europe through the same migrant trafficking network with mobiles and US dollars.
The men, aged from 17 to 26, were arrested by special forces in the northern state of Schleswig-Holstein and Lower Saxony, with support from 200 federal and local police. Their flats were also searched.
The prosecutors gave no information on a suspected attack target and said: "Concrete missions or orders have not so far been found."