Google says the new device will lead to better connections when streaming from a mobile device or laptop to the TV.Read the full story ›
Google has been forced to apologise after a black couple were labelled as "gorillas" by the company's new photo app.Read the full story ›
Driverless cars will appear in public for the first time soon - but safety drivers will be on handRead the full story ›
Tech giants Facebook and Google both have simple, powerful tools to help friends and family keep track of loved onesRead the full story ›
Google has responded after EU authorities accused the technology giant of using its search engine to unfairly boost its own products.
In a post on the Official Google Blog, Amit Singhal, a senior vice president at Google Search, claims that Google does not hold a stranglehold on the search market, and that it is not shutting out its competitors in the flight search market.
He wrote: "We respectfully but strongly disagree with the need to issue a Statement of Objections and look forward to making our case over the weeks ahead."
The European Union has accused Google of abusing its dominance by distorting search results and has also launched an antitrust probe into its Android mobile operating system.
The EU Competition Commission said the US technology company had been sent a charge sheet to which it can now respond, accusing it of amending results to favour its Google shopping service.
Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement: "I am concerned that the company has given an unfair advantage to its own comparison shopping service, in breach of EU antitrust rules.
"If the investigation confirmed our concerns, Google would have to face the legal consequences and change the way it does business in Europe."
The Commission can fine firms up to a 10% of their annual sales - or a penalty of over $6 billion (£4 billion) in Google's case.
In response to the move, the company said: "While Google may be the most used search engine, people can now find and access information in numerous different ways - and allegations of harm... have proved to be wide of the mark."
Google has lost a Court of Appeal bid to prevent British consumers having the right to sue it in the UK.
A group known as Safari Users Against Google's Secret Tracking want to take legal action in the English courts over the internet giant's Apple Safari internet browser.
They accuse Google of bypassing security settings in order to track their online browsing and to target them with personalised advertisements.
The Information Commissioner's Office said in a statement that it required the search engine to sign a "formal undertaking" that it would make the changes by June 30 and take further steps in the next two years.
Google has announced it will stop selling its current version of Google Glass and plans to reorganise the business behind it, Dow Jones reported.
The technology giant is set to release a new version of the much-hyped wearable tech later this year, the report said.
The new Glass business will report to Tony Fadell, CEO of home automation company Nest, which was bought by Google last year.
Google expects to wind down its Explorer programme in the next few months, Fortune reported.
The announcement comes a day after beleaguered British supermarket chain Tesco announced it was becoming the first major UK retailer to launch a Google Glass shopping app.