A new interim chief constable of South Yorkshire Police has been appointed in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster inquest findings.
Dave Jones - the current chief constable of North Yorkshire - was appointed to run the force on a temporary basis, South Yorkshire's police and crime commissioner Alan Billings has announced.
Dr Billings suspended the current chief constable David Crompton following the outcome of Hillsborough inquests last week, where a jury ruled the 96 victims of the stadium crush were "unlawfully killed".
For the full story, click here.
Former chief inspector of South Yorkshire Police David Sumner says Liverpool supporters were not 'completely innocent'.Read the full story ›
Solicitors acting for 20 of the families said they were "appalled to see the shambles in South Yorkshire Police" following the inquest.Read the full story ›
With the force facing legal action from the families of the Hillsborough victims, ITV News looks at the web of lies which led them here.Read the full story ›
The new Chief Constable of South Yorkshire police has stepped down after just one day.
Dawn Copley, who has been the force's Deputy Chief Constable since September last year, was appointed to the role on Wednesday.
It came after then Chief Constable David Crompton was suspended - a decision welcomed by the families of Hillsborough victims.
But in a statement tonight, Mrs Copley said she had "offered to step back to her substantive role" while another temporary chief constable was sought.
It follows media reports she is being investigating over her conduct within Greater Manchester Police.
South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner Dr Alan Billings said: "Mrs Copley has made clear to me that she does not want any further negative publicity or criticism to be levelled at the Force.
"In the interests of the Force she has therefore offered to step back to her substantive role to allow me to seek support from the College of Policing in identifying another Chief Officer to act as Temporary Chief Constable until a recruitment process can take place.
"Mrs Copley will need to stay in post for a very short period of time, to deal with pressing matters, but, at her request, this will be for the shortest possible period."
Families of victims of the Hillsborough disaster are pursuing legal action against South Yorkshire and West Midlands Police.Read the full story ›
A message posted following the Hillsborough inquest findings, which was mistakenly made public, read: 'You did a good job - we all did.'Read the full story ›
The city of Liverpool united tonight to remember the 96 victims of the Hillsborough disaster, the day after their families fight for justice and truth finally got answers.
Thousands gathered for a vigil in the city centre as all 96 names were read out and the families of the victims gathered to pay tribute to their loved ones.
ITV News Correspondent Martin Geissler reports.
Barry Devonside lost his only son Christopher in the disaster. He was 18 years old Mr Devonside, who attended every day of the fresh inquests, has been talking about the moment he was asked to identify his son's body. He's been speaking to Lucy Meacock.
A 1996 documentary-drama about the Hillsborough disaster is due to be reshown this weekend.
The heart-wrenching drama was put together with the help of victims families and focuses on the lives that were affected by the tragedy.
It will be shown on ITV at 10.20pm on Sunday.