Here are the products affected by the 'unprecedented' safety recall and what action you should take.
Martin Squires' Hotpoint dishwasher caught fire last July - before a safety notice was issued by the company about faulty models.
Hotpoint has issued a safety notice over for 71,000 of its dishwashers which could be a potential fire hazard.
The electrical giant Hotpoint has been accused of waiting too long to warn the public about thousands of potentially dangerous dishwashers.
A safety alert has been issued in relation to dishwasher models FDW20, FDW60 and DW65A after it was discovered 71,000 were a potential fire hazard.
Following yesterday's report on the faulty model, ITV News were contacted by one viewer whose dishwasher caught fire last July.
ITV News Consumer Editor Chris Choi reports:
Consumer group Which? has criticised Hotpoint for what it says it a delay in warning the public about thousands of potentially faulty dishwashers.
The electrical giant has issued a safety alert in relation to dishwasher models FDW20, FDW60 and DW65A after it was discovered 71,000 were a potential fire hazard.
– Richard Lloyd, executive director of Which?, speaking to ITV News
It's astonishing that it's taken Hotpoint this long to get the product recalled and to get the information out to the public about the potential dangers of these products.
They've known for months, there's no excuse for dragging their feet like this.
Hotpoint has issued a national safety notice in relation to dishwasher models FDW20, FDW60 and DW65A after it was discovered 71,000 were a potential fire hazard.
Michelle Gorringe-Smith, Marketing Director, Hotpoint, has spoken to ITV News about the safety notice issued in relation to dishwasher models FDW20, FDW60 and FDW65A.
She said that after discovering there may be a particular issue: "It did take us six months to really piece that jigsaw together and to identify the real repair that was required but as soon as we did our priority was to contact our customers.”
A Norfolk couple have described how a blaze at their home was caused by a faulty dishwasher as they waited for a visit from an engineer
Marga Kapenaar and her husband Derek have told how they came close to death as a result of the fire which claimed the lives of their four pet dogs.
ITV News' Consumer Editor Chris Choi reports.
The Electrical Safety Council is a UK charity dedicated to keeping people safe by reducing the risk of electrical accidents around the home and in the work place.
They have created a tool that allows people to quickly check if their electrical items are subject to recall notices. This is available at www.esc.org.uk/recall