Thousands of pounds worth of hoverboards have been destroyed after officials found they posed a fire hazard.
The Massey family from Belfast said the hoverboard was on charge in their living room when it just "exploded into big flames".
The move comes following a spate of reported fires and explosions caused by the toy.
Actor Russell Crowe has hit out at Virgin Australia after he and his children were told they could not take hoverboards on a flight.
The latest plea over fire risk from faulty products comes from the Local Government Association.